Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any driving instructors in QLD??

Any driving instructors in QLD??

Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

cockneychris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any driving instructors in QLD??

I'm a uk driving instructor and will be migrating to Qld next year.
Is driving instruction a viable job out there??
Any help appreciated!
Cheers.
Chris.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:10 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any driving instructors in QLD??

All the tests are done through Queensland Transport so you could email them I suppose. My hubby did his wagon driving through an instuctor who does bikes and wagons but not cars so they may be a whole new ball game...

try www.yell.com.au the australian yellow pages it may have some adds in that you could email.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annqldau
All the tests are done through Queensland Transport so you could email them I suppose. My hubby did his wagon driving through an instuctor who does bikes and wagons but not cars so they may be a whole new ball game...

try www.yell.com.au the australian yellow pages it may have some adds in that you could email.
Hi Annqldau,

Am i right in thinking that i can drive in Oz with my UK driving licence ?
Steve.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi Annqldau,

Am i right in thinking that i can drive in Oz with my UK driving licence ?
Steve.
Hi Steve

This has recently been discussed in great detail,but the answer is Yes but . . .

If you are PR you have 3 months to swap your licence over. I believe in Queensland you need to take a test, but I am not from there so I don't know the exact details, certainly a search will provide the answer.

The other yes, and if I have understood Jeremy properly is if you are TR you can drive indefinitely on a UK licence.

Hope this helps
Regards

PS if you don't decide on Queensland all the other states have their own rules and regulations
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:45 pm

Hi like Nige says you have 3 months to convert licence but it is easy set of questions based on right hand give way rule and signs and they have online swot test on qld transport site. If you fail one day you just pay 8 quid and do again the next day.

If you didn't get it in 3 months you would have to be brain dead... .
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cockneychris
I'm a uk driving instructor and will be migrating to Qld next year.
Is driving instruction a viable job out there??
Any help appreciated!
Cheers.
Chris.
I certainly see driving school cars on the roads, but not in the same numbers as in the UK.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:35 am

Maybe they make them learn in the outback first... .

Come to think of it can't remember seeing any BSM style cars out here.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:26 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by annqldau
Maybe they make them learn in the outback first... .

Come to think of it can't remember seeing any BSM style cars out here.
http://www.ltrent.com.au/

here you go bsm equivalent. lots of aussie kids are predominately "home taught" with just a few lessons from an instructer from what friends and family have said