Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any doubters then please look...

Any doubters then please look...

Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any doubters then please look...

I know houses are not everything but this is what my brother bought 3 months ago after going to Oz 7 years ago with 15K!!He works(lorries) and has done well with his previous 2 house sales butWat a beut!

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

See u soon!!

Scott
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Plenty of room when the family come to visit
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:56 pm
WBB

Originally posted by debsy
Plenty of room when the family come to visit

it is massive, you could rent half of it out and still have too much room, fair play to him.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

At least we can see where we are staying when we get there!!!!Just right for us and the 2 kids!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

pdohr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you don´t mind me asking.. how much did it cost.. and is it located in an urban or rural area..??
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:29 pm
ABCDiamond

Nice House and on a nice bit of land (4 acres), looks like a rural area, but only 29kms from Adelaide.

It was advertised - Mid-Upper $400's, what did it go for ? $470K ??

Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enoughWaltzin_Matilda will become famous soon enough

Wow we wouldnt be able to afford that size house without a lottery win here in ole blighty!! Good on him.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

HI $476 in the head..Total beuty in adelaide hills..He loves it!!!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Are you heading fro the same state as him?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I think I am missing the point with this post.
So your brother has just bought a nice house for nearly Half a million dollars.
What Difference does that make to those migrating with very little?
The same thing could have happened to anyone in the right place in the south of England.
Is this post supposed to encourage or discourage would-be migrants?

G
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, I hope in 15 years to be that established.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:42 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Grayling
Hi
I think I am missing the point with this post.
So your brother has just bought a nice house for nearly Half a million dollars.
What Difference does that make to those migrating with very little?
The same thing could have happened to anyone in the right place in the south of England.
Is this post supposed to encourage or discourage would-be migrants?

G
i think you are missing the point.

i'm sure he said his brother went to aussie 7 years ago with 15k, that is not a lot of bread.

i for one see this as an inspirational post.

Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:53 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i think you are missing the point.

i'm sure he said his brother went to aussie 7 years ago with 15k, that is not a lot of bread.

i for one see this as an inspirational post.
Depends on the size of the mortgage repayments. The stamp duty alone would have been in the region of $41k. Which makes the total over $500k.

I would not begrudge anyone this house and lifestyle. But what someone has could be a large house on land, but it could also be a very large debt

I hope that the owner made a lot of money on a previous property and I guess others would have similar stories to tell in UK.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

The point was to maybe help people a little, that were not going with much to show they could achieve the things they wanted.My bro wanted to live a rural life with a decent sized house and he has that thats all. Was just trying to help these people who were worrying(as u do)

cheers

scott
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scottalison6
The point was to maybe help people a little, that were not going with much to show they could achieve the things they wanted.My bro wanted to live a rural life with a decent sized house and he has that thats all. Was just trying to help these people who were worrying(as u do)

cheers

scott
I already have a house worth more than that in England.I also do not have a mortgage.I was able to cash in on the rise in house prices in the UK.
It is down to chance.
When I first visited Australia ony 4/5 years ago that house would have been a third of the price.That is the scary bit.Remember South Australia is one of the cheapest states for property.My son's house in Adelaide has nearly doubled in price in the past year.
If I was going with little money then I think I would find those prices scary.
A lot of people will have difficulty finding a job never mind a huge mortgage.
I am sure there are opportunities but I doubt if they are any better than in England.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.