Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any decent Sydney rental agencies?

Any decent Sydney rental agencies?

Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Question Any decent Sydney rental agencies?

Well we land in Sydney on the 18th and hope to find some rental accommodation within the first week that we are there.

Can anyone recommend trustworthy and helpful rental agencies? I know I can look them up in the yellow pages but would prefer recommendations rather than chancing it with some of these low-lifes you tend to get.

Am looking for a min of 2 bed (furnished if poss) place which is pretty central for Potts Point should you be interested.

Any help appreciated!!!

Piers
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any decent Sydney rental agencies?

Originally posted by piers_morgan
Well we land in Sydney on the 18th and hope to find some rental accommodation within the first week that we are there.

Can anyone recommend trustworthy and helpful rental agencies? I know I can look them up in the yellow pages but would prefer recommendations rather than chancing it with some of these low-lifes you tend to get.

Am looking for a min of 2 bed (furnished if poss) place which is pretty central for Potts Point should you be interested.

Any help appreciated!!!

Piers
There are strict laws in NSW regarding rent so the agencies do not make too much difference. Furnished rental accomodation is unusual.

Potts Point has plenty of rental units and it is within walking distance of Kings X, Elizabeth Bay and Darlinghurst. By train you could live in Edgecliff or Bondi Junction and a further bus ride from Bondi Junction will get you to Bondi Beach, Bronte Beach Clovelly or Coogee.

I currently use LJ Hooker in Bondi Beach. Most rental properties are published in the Sydney Morning Herald on Saturday mornings. I would give yourself at least a month to hunt for a rental property. In a week the agent will smell desperation and you might only find holes.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Default ta

Thanks very much Bondipom and goodnight.