Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any decent dive schools/trips around brisbane?

Any decent dive schools/trips around brisbane?

Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:16 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any decent dive schools/trips around brisbane?

Hi, im lookingh for a dive school/dive boat that does trips around brisbane area, either gold coast sunshine coast or as far down as byron bay but no higher than noosa please.

Preferably with good dives AND LOTS OF FISH OR A WRECK OR 2.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED and i dont want any other areas as im looking to move somewhere within these boundaries and would ideally l;ike to be close to a dive school/boat

thanks
alk
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any decent dive schools/trips around brisbane?

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Hi, im lookingh for a dive school/dive boat that does trips around brisbane area, either gold coast sunshine coast or as far down as byron bay but no higher than noosa please.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED and i dont want any other areas as im looking to move somewhere within these boundaries and would ideally l;ike to be close to a dive school/boat

thanks
alk
Sunshine Coast (Mooloolabah) should have a number considering ex-HMAS Brisbane is now a dive destination.

WW
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:35 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

WOW!

Yes me too.....Looking for some decent dives....Im AOW but looking to go for my dive master soon....

Rob

thanks
alk
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:50 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
WOW!

Yes me too.....Looking for some decent dives....Im AOW but looking to go for my dive master soon....

Rob
Hi rob and family. Hows the move gone?

Im only advanced but hope to get up to dive master when i get out there so may give you a shout if you need a dive buddy as i will when i get there.

Where abouts are you living now and how good does it feel to be there now?

We should be there now but we ae hanging on to earn as much as we can before the world cup then we can have a month off watch the world cup and then move in mid july and buy outright when we get there so that we dont have to work as hard as we have had to in the uk in the past.

Hope everything is what you wanted it to be and more mate

Take care

alan and clare
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:53 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Alan & Clare,

Unfortunatly we are not in Oz yet as we are waiting to sell our house in Potton. It goes on the market this coming Friday so if all goes to plan, then we hope to be on the Gold Coast by Xmas.

We just cant wait now and its only the house thats keeping us away......

Rob, Trish and family

Hi rob and family. Hows the move gone?

Im only advanced but hope to get up to dive master when i get out there so may give you a shout if you need a dive buddy as i will when i get there.

Where abouts are you living now and how good does it feel to be there now?

We should be there now but we ae hanging on to earn as much as we can before the world cup then we can have a month off watch the world cup and then move in mid july and buy outright when we get there so that we dont have to work as hard as we have had to in the uk in the past.

Hope everything is what you wanted it to be and more mate

Take care

alan and clare
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:59 pm
Banned

Hi Alan & Clare,

Unfortunatly we are not in Oz yet as we are waiting to sell our house in Potton. It goes on the market this coming Friday so if all goes to plan, then we hope to be on the Gold Coast by Xmas.

We just cant wait now and its only the house thats keeping us away......

Rob, Trish and family
whereabouts are you going to look in and around and why?

sorry for noseyness but we are off to validate on bonfire night for 3 weeks to look around and ill be asking everyone why they chose the destination so we can have a peek at the areas in the 3 weeks we aree there up and down the coast from noosa to byron bay!

cheers if you answer.

al
Old Sep 4th 2005, 10:08 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Al,

The gold coast we have found has much to offer us a s family, loads to do, the weather etc.....

Noosa we would love to live there but i think may be a little too expensive for us.

We are not too sure where we are going to live yet but we will decide which suberb we like once we get out there .

Sorry that i cant help to much but if you have anymore questions then feel free to ask...

Rob

whereabouts are you going to look in and around and why?

sorry for noseyness but we are off to validate on bonfire night for 3 weeks to look around and ill be asking everyone why they chose the destination so we can have a peek at the areas in the 3 weeks we aree there up and down the coast from noosa to byron bay!

cheers if you answer.

al
Old Sep 4th 2005, 10:22 pm
Banned

Hi Al,

The gold coast we have found has much to offer us a s family, loads to do, the weather etc.....

Noosa we would love to live there but i think may be a little too expensive for us.

We are not too sure where we are going to live yet but we will decide which suberb we like once we get out there .

Sorry that i cant help to much but if you have anymore questions then feel free to ask...

Rob
Hi
thanks alot.

I will do a breakdown of our reccy trip when we get back on this site. Dont fancy noosa as ive heard its a wee bit pompous and arty farty fpr my liking. I just want something with a niceish beach/lagoon/river a few cafe bars and restaurants and nothing to big and bold and brash. We only want a 2 bed flat or bungalow type property and dont care much for a pool but a shared one would be ok. We will see soon enough and we are prob going to rent for 6 months anyway so we can have a GOOD look up and down the coast at weekends.

Good luck with the house sale. My dads just moved to spain and sold up by dropping the price right down as he had a set ampount of money he needed til his pensions kicked in amnd the bugger emigrated before me!!! Stole my bloody thunder there!!

al and clare.x
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

thanks
alk
Look at ProDive Brisbane, running trips around Moreton Island and further north, lots of dive sites............

Are you in Brisbane already?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Recliffe Dive Centre are fantastic. I have passed my Open Water and Advanced with them and they regularly go out to Moreton Island and beyond to Flinders. They have also started diving on the HMAS Brisbane once a month.

I had some cracking dives out there with loads of life including sea turtles, wobbygong sharks, big bull rays etc etc

Nice people, reasonable prices

http://www.redcliffedive.com.au
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Look at ProDive Brisbane, running trips around Moreton Island and further north, lots of dive sites............

Are you in Brisbane already?
This is more like it thanks, no im not in brisbane yet but will be in nov to validate visa then moving out next july after we win the world cup!!

al
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:08 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Sunshine Coast (Mooloolabah) should have a number considering ex-HMAS Brisbane is now a dive destination.

WW
Some info on that at: http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/about_the_..._the_brisbane/

The ex-HMAS Brisbane is now open for diving.

For club & private divers wishing to make their own bookings contact:

Maroochy Tourism ph: (07) 5479 1566 or 1800-882-032

For people wishing to book through commercial dive operators, those currently operating are:

Sunreef, Mooloolaba ph: 07 5444-5656

Scuba World, Mooloolaba ph: 07 5444-8595

Noosa Blue Water Dive, Noosa ph: 07 5447-1300

Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

moving out next july after we win the world cup!!

al
Where in Brazil are you emigrating from anyways???

Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Where in Brazil are you emigrating from anyways???

Well thats bloody funny LMAO!!!

No seriously, we are gonig for the treble of rugby world cup(got that) The Ashes(nearly got that) and the Football(not soccer) world cup. Hopefully then we wont get as much greif from the settlers when we arrive!! (doubt it but one can only hope that i can laugh)!!

Cheers for all the great info on the dive sites.

I may do a dive there on the HMAS Brisbane on our reccy in november and ill report back.

Alk