Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any companies willing to sponsor bricklayer/builder??

any companies willing to sponsor bricklayer/builder??

Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default any companies willing to sponsor bricklayer/builder??

Hi

I am in the process of emmigrating to OZ, late this year, early next year. I am a builder and have been in the building trade for 17 years. ( RESIDENTIAL BUILDING DEVELOPMENT) I am taking my practical test for bricklaying in July for the vettassess (part of TRA) and will gain an Australian qualification for bricklaying.

I am very much experienced on all aspects of the building trade from bricklaying, plastering, roofing to training up apprentices and managing and supervising a team on projects from start to finish.

Any information or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any companies willing to sponsor bricklayer/builder??

Wot is you trade?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stephen elaine
Wot is you trade?
My main trade is a bricklayer. The company i am currently working for is a residential builder and also undertakes commercial work but also do renovations and alterations which also involves me plastering, concreteing and all general alterations to properties.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough

Sutty if you are a Qualified Experienced Bricklayer with all Trade Certificates you will have no problem finding work.Regarding your other jobs you do plastering ,Roofing etc Project Management if you have not got trade Certificates forget it mate.As the saying goes stick to what you know.

Good Luck
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sutty if you are a Qualified Experienced Bricklayer with all Trade Certificates you will have no problem finding work.Regarding your other jobs you do plastering ,Roofing etc Project Management if you have not got trade Certificates forget it mate.As the saying goes stick to what you know.

Good Luck
Can i ask, are you a tradesman in oz?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Hi sutty

Depending on your age if you get your AQF111 in bricklaying as it is on the MODL List you can apply for PR straight away under Skilled Migration providing you meet the rest of the criteria ie. English,experence etc. so why do you need a Sponsor,Sponsored Visa are Temp.

Best of Luck an keep buttering up them bricks
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nevsy
Hi sutty

Depending on your age if you get your AQF111 in bricklaying as it is on the MODL List you can apply for PR straight away under Skilled Migration providing you meet the rest of the criteria ie. English,experence etc. so why do you need a Sponsor,Sponsored Visa are Temp.

Best of Luck an keep buttering up them bricks
Hi
I am in the process of applying for skilled migration, but thought if i had a job to go to, would just be easier financially to start off with!!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck
Your right if you havent got some sort of recognised qualification, then you will struggle. You need a certificate here to work behind a bar