Any comments on Kangaroo Point?

Wikiposts

Any comments on Kangaroo Point?

Old May 2nd 2003, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any comments on Kangaroo Point?

Hi there folks,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments in Brisbane and if so had any comments about these. We are hoping to stay for about a week in one of the 2 bedroom apartments with our couple of kids, 2 and 5.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let us know.

Thanks

Ginny
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any comments on Kangaroo Point?

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there folks,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments in Brisbane and if so had any comments about these. We are hoping to stay for about a week in one of the 2 bedroom apartments with our couple of kids, 2 and 5.

Thanks

Ginny
My wife and I stayed there for 2 1/2 weeks when we arrived in January. They are ideal for a temporary stay of a week or two. They are on a fairly busy road and not in the centre of town but you can walk down to the South Bank and across the river to the botanical gardens in about 15 minutes and it's a pleasant walk. Walking to the Storey Bridge, the Valley, and the northern end of the CBD is not really feasible though - best drive or take a taxi or bus.

They are clean and have all the facilities you would expect e.g. washers, dryers, TV, phone, parking etc. The staff are very friendly too. You also have the Gabba across the road.

Not exactly a picturesque place but perfectly clean and functional. I'd certainly recommend.
Old May 3rd 2003, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

captaincook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any comments on Kangaroo Point?

we live in kangaroo point. you can also get the cross ferries into brisbane from kangaroo point which would be about 10 mins walk from the apartments. main road is a busy one though and jam packed in rush hour. good central near city location which would be a good base for exploring the city and surrounding area.

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there folks,

Thanks

Ginny
Old May 4th 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

From the Map http://www.holidaycity.com/kangaroo-brisbane/map.html it seems to be close to the Kangaroo Cliff Walks

Your Kids aged 2 and 5 will probably enjoy nearby Southbank Parklands about twenty mins walk (the scenic route would entail negotiating a stepway (concrete stairway) down the Cliff face.

You're probably 40 mins from the centre of Town via either the Goodwill Bridge or the Victoria Bridge.