Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any CNC Engineering Machinest's out there?

Any CNC Engineering Machinest's out there?

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Any CNC Engineering Machinest's out there?

Hi everyone, just wondered if there are any CNC Machinests out there?
Would love to hear from anyone with a similar job, who can shed some light on the best places to get work, average wages etc?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

tayella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any CNC Engineering Machinest's out there?

Have a look on seek mate.
Theres loads in all States and pay varies but convert it to English and youll still be on the average £11 an hour but there are higher paid jobs too depending on how good you are.

Chris
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:23 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

yep...Work is pretty easy to find..and don't expect to get rich out here!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

dont take seek as gospel though - we live in Bunbury, SW WA and we found nothing on Seek nor trying other searches yet there are several companies who do it and OH just rang a couple, had an interview at both and two job offers within a day of being here.

he gets $25 an hour (about £10) which was great for us as he was on £8 an hour in the UK and so we were better off from the start!!!!!!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:41 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzydreamer
Hi everyone, just wondered if there are any CNC Machinests out there?
Would love to hear from anyone with a similar job, who can shed some light on the best places to get work, average wages etc?
Hi, my husband is a CNC machinist and had no problem finding work in Perth. We had been here several times previously in the last 10 years as well, and each time it only took him a week to find work. He is currently on $27 an hour. His employer had so much trouble finding employees (he has been advertising for a few months) that he recently went to the Philippines and brought back workers from there.
When my husband started there 4 years ago he was on $20 I think. He has no trade papers, only job experience, and as far as I am aware no employer ever contacted his previous UK employers, they were satisfied with written references. Keiths experience was on heidenhehn controls, here they use Fanuc and Mazak mostly. Hope that helps!

Cherry x
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Got a right usefull thread here.
We go out in March and ive had response from Townsville, Brisbane and Adelaide.
They reply very quick too. Just type a brief letter, copy and paste it in every job you like applying for and stick ya CV on it.
You get phone interviews at 5 in the morning (they call you), very weird experience.
Are people allowed to advertise CNC jobs on here?
If not but you wanna talk to me then pm me and the guy who started this thread.

Good luck mate

Chris
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
Hi, my husband is a CNC machinist and had no problem finding work in Perth. We had been here several times previously in the last 10 years as well, and each time it only took him a week to find work. He is currently on $27 an hour. His employer had so much trouble finding employees (he has been advertising for a few months) that he recently went to the Philippines and brought back workers from there.
When my husband started there 4 years ago he was on $20 I think. He has no trade papers, only job experience, and as far as I am aware no employer ever contacted his previous UK employers, they were satisfied with written references. Keiths experience was on heidenhehn controls, here they use Fanuc and Mazak mostly. Hope that helps!

Cherry x
Sounds like the sort of thing my OH works on too.

And they have a load of Phillipinos working at his place too as they struggle to get decent people. They pay them the going rate too.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:07 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of work here in Perth for CNC machinists.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:09 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie

And they have a load of Phillipinos working at his place too as they struggle to get decent people. They pay them the going rate too.
Mine worked at a company that had Indians and Asians claiming that they had experience in this work, had the paperwork to prove it too..... turned out not one of them knew eff all about machining never mind CNC work........ so generally youll find the pay pretty good when they can see what you can do.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:21 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Our shop is pretty much a flippin bus stop...they come in,stay a while,joe bloggs up the road pays a bit more..and off they go again.

All 1st class machinists here tho'..fed up of so called experienced blokes,who dont know jack
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Our shop is pretty much a flippin bus stop...they come in,stay a while,joe bloggs up the road pays a bit more..and off they go again.
Perhaps they need to up their wages then, must cost them more in the long run having to get new people in to replace experienced ones...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Trigger ive just pmd you
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by bridie
Perhaps they need to up their wages then, must cost them more in the long run having to get new people in to replace experienced ones...
Going rate is around $25 an hour and that seems to be the norm....i blame seek...it's too easy to search for new jobs these days..
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Going rate is around $25 an hour and that seems to be the norm....i blame seek...it's too easy to search for new jobs these days..
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all your replies, may have given the impression it was me looking for the job, but Im just getting an idea for my oh who is an Engineer.

From what I can tell he is excellent at his job, and I dont think you'd get beter references and a more reliable person. As I dont know what Im really actually looking at I will search the jobs and show him later.

I dont understanding Engineering at all, but apparantly by the time we go he wants to be doing a different type of Enginnerring - more in the office ifuswim, which is apparantly beter paid - so who knows! But I decided to just search for what he is doing now incase he decides not to change positions.

Thanks for all the replies, will check out the wages and convert them, Oh is on £26k at moment, probably more like £28 by next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.