Reload this Page >

Any Ceramic Tilers on here?

Wikiposts

Any Ceramic Tilers on here?

Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Jamie is on a distinguished road
Talking Any Ceramic Tilers on here?

My Hubby is a Ceramic Tiler, just wondered if anyone else was!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:14 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Ceramic Tilers on here?

Originally Posted by Dawn&Jamie
I am
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I am
No one could accuse you of being a man of many words, could they, Sean!!!
Isn't Deb one as well, or do you not allow her to use such a lofty title ?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:56 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No one could accuse you of being a man of many words, could they, Sean!!!
Isn't Deb one as well, or do you not allow her to use such a lofty title ?
Deb is an apprentice tiler and a damn cheeky one.
PS I first typed "me" and it was insufficient as a post had to re write the whole post phew no mean feat after a night down the RSL supping pints of the black stuff and playing snooker. Ooooh I'm all weak now must have another while I sit on the step and watch the light show and listen to the glorious sound of rain belting down onto the tin roof and cascading into the water tanks ahhh bliss is a long shower tomorrow.
Best go this sounds like incoherent ramblings as I read it back
Old Oct 13th 2005, 2:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Deb is an apprentice tiler and a damn cheeky one.
PS I first typed "me" and it was insufficient as a post had to re write the whole post phew no mean feat after a night down the RSL supping pints of the black stuff and playing snooker. Ooooh I'm all weak now must have another while I sit on the step and watch the light show and listen to the glorious sound of rain belting down onto the tin roof and cascading into the water tanks ahhh bliss is a long shower tomorrow.
Best go this sounds like incoherent ramblings as I read it back
Sounds like a good night! Not much of a light show here, but had rain for several hours - now moving out to sea unfortunately.

Ah well, bet I see plenty of it next week
Old Oct 13th 2005, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Hi!

My hubby is also a Ceramic Tiler, we lived in Melbourne in 2003 and he found work easily. We are heading for Brissie area this time, though, although he is not quite so keen on working in the summer heat there!

Where are you headed for?

Debbie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Jamie is on a distinguished road

We wanted to go to Perth but an agent we spoke to said we'd have to do State nominated as Hubby didnt have paper qualifications, so it would be WA or Taz.

Sean says its rubbish, so maybe we should speak to another agent, or just go for it! Probably wont be able to start process till Spring though! Someone told us they need Tilers in WA. and we have friends there!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

We wanted to go to Perth but an agent we spoke to said we'd have to do State nominated as Hubby didnt have paper qualifications, so it would be WA or Taz.

Sean says its rubbish, so maybe we should speak to another agent, or just go for it! Probably wont be able to start process till Spring though! Someone told us they need Tilers in WA. and we have friends there!
I would try to get at least some advice from another agent, maybe Alan Collett or George Lombard who often advise on this forum and many people here have used and found to be really good - my hubby didn't have paper qualifications either, it was all on completing an apprenticeship and experience, but I believe if I remember correctly that he had to have something like at least 7 years experience after completing his apprenticeship. Then the TRA will accept references etc. I remember it was a load of paperwork though! Good luck,

Debbie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

my hubby is an electrician but has had problems getting his certs so he went into tiling until it came thru cos you don't need any proof for tiling. He is having a ball, he reckons he can earn more tiling than in electrics, he can work when he wants and what days he wants as he is self employed and has work for at least the next 2 years if he wants it. He is now down to 3 days a week and spending the other 2 days fishing and dreaming of his new boat,

Good luck
Lindsey
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:07 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi

My hubby and son are tilers, we have been in Perth 2 months and they have both been working for 5 weeks, self employed. There is so much work here for tilers, painters etc you will have no problems.

Good Luck

Julia