Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any call for Structural Engineers in NZ ?

Any call for Structural Engineers in NZ ?

Old Sep 21st 2002, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Pippa's Avatar
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, NZ (was Broadstairs, Kent, UK)
Posts: 112
Pippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any call for Structural Engineers in NZ ?

Is there much call for Consulting Structural Engineering staff in NZ.

Nick has just passed his Chartered exam in the UK with The Institution of Structural Engineers, so he has AMStrucE and IEng after his name (posh boy eh?).

He's worrying that maybe he wont get a job in NZ. He hasnt physically done any seizmic structural design yet but has read the books all about it and he'll pick it up real quick anyway once he starts (smarty pants).

His job titles in the uk would usually be something like: Structural Designer, Associate Structural Engineer, Senior Structural Technician etc these would all be consulting positions.

So what do you think, does he have a chance over there ???

Any advice would be apreciated or does anyone have any contacts in this field they would be happy to pass on.

Many thanks again everyone.

Pippa xxx
Pippa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.