Reload this Page >

Any broadband provider in Rhodes, Sydney

Any broadband provider in Rhodes, Sydney

Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

kflee0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any broadband provider in Rhodes, Sydney

All,

Does anyone know what broadband providers are available in Rhodes, NSW 2138. Got no phone line at my new unit yet, already called some of the broadband providers but they won't be able to tell the area coverage untill I get my phone line. Anyone, pls shred some light on this.

Many Thanks in advance
Mike
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:01 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any broadband provider in Rhodes, Sydney

Originally Posted by kflee0
All,

Does anyone know what broadband providers are available in Rhodes, NSW 2138. Got no phone line at my new unit yet, already called some of the broadband providers but they won't be able to tell the area coverage untill I get my phone line. Anyone, pls shred some light on this.

Many Thanks in advance
Mike
all i can find is TPG, but i'd of thought that Rhodes being Sydney metro would be serviced by all the major players
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

kflee0 is an unknown quantity at this point

gedge,

Can you tell me how did you find that the TPG is available in Rhodes without a telephone number?

Thanks
Mike
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:13 am

gedge,

Can you tell me how did you find that the TPG is available in Rhodes without a telephone number?

Thanks
Mike
yeah i did a search of the forums on www.whirlpool.net.au
someone posted a question about service issues in Rhodes
hope this helps

also, if you can get a phone number of someone on the street you're movnig to it might help in the search for an ISP
you can plug it in to the whirlpool site and it'll tell you who provides broadband services to the local exchange
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:30 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

All,

Many Thanks in advance
Mike

We are in a serviced apt at the moment and had no internet access so we went to power house and brought and unwird wireless modem for $99 and just registered it for $89 with no contract (if you sign up for 12 months its free)then its $59 for a month. The conection is ok but can be interupted by movement but its ideal if you want to get on-line quickly with no phone line. As for finding out what its like in your area they just needed the post code no landline number needed. Its saved our sanity thats for sure.
HTH
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
We are in a serviced apt at the moment and had no internet access so we went to power house and brought and unwird wireless modem for $99 and just registered it for $89 with no contract (if you sign up for 12 months its free)then its $59 for a month. The conection is ok but can be interupted by movement but its ideal if you want to get on-line quickly with no phone line. As for finding out what its like in your area they just needed the post code no landline number needed. Its saved our sanity thats for sure.
HTH
you've got a wabbit

i considered that once as it's handy if you move house as well
looking on the wirlppol wireless forum you can also get similar service from Virgin, 3 and iBurst