Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Brits North of the Bridge?

Any Brits North of the Bridge?

Old Jul 17th 2010, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about
Default Any Brits North of the Bridge?

Hi folks,

My girlfriend and I live in Cammeray (2km from North Sydney)and we're wondering if there are any brits over this way who would be keen to meet for drinks or dinner. We are both 34, no kids, IT professionals, easy going, and enjoy a good night out. We're both from Birmingham and keen to meet up with fellow poms.

Would be good to hear from folks over this way as we don't meet many brits here. They all seem to be in Bondi or Balmain :-)
Old Jul 17th 2010, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

leannelo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Brits North of the Bridge?

Originally Posted by markbhx
Hi folks,

My girlfriend and I live in Cammeray (2km from North Sydney)and we're wondering if there are any brits over this way who would be keen to meet for drinks or dinner. We are both 34, no kids, IT professionals, easy going, and enjoy a good night out. We're both from Birmingham and keen to meet up with fellow poms.

Would be good to hear from folks over this way as we don't meet many brits here. They all seem to be in Bondi or Balmain :-)
sounds like good poms!!!! we are also from (near) birmingham....would of loved to of met!!!!!!! problem is live in WA.....anytime near us contact us would love to go for a beer (brommie style) lol..............
Old Jul 17th 2010, 10:45 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you have an e-tag, then?

Lots of Brits over that way, many families at least. You can't walk round Chatswood Chase on a weekend without hearing a whole range of accents.

We were in McMahons Point for two years (childless, in IT) but have just made the great trip over the bridge to Alexandria.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Cornish Gera is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I’ve PM’d you!
Geri
Old Aug 18th 2010, 1:08 am
Just Joined

karen8459 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. We moved to Chatswood from Wales via Ireland (lived there for 4 years) June 2010. We have 2 children age 2 and 3. I work as a nurse and my husband is about to start work in a bank. We haven't met many people and was wondering if you had any worthwhile advice! Any tips would be gratefully received, Karen,
Old Aug 18th 2010, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markbhx
Hi folks,

Check out the Thursday evening CBD drinks some week.. definitely not filled with all Bondi or Balmain residents
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the North Shore/Northern Suburbs. My first bit of advice would be to look around immediately for a good pre-school for the kids. I live further north in St Ives, but work in a pre school in Killara, and the waiting lists are huge.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by karen8459
Hi there. We moved to Chatswood from Wales via Ireland (lived there for 4 years) June 2010. We have 2 children age 2 and 3. I work as a nurse and my husband is about to start work in a bank. We haven't met many people and was wondering if you had any worthwhile advice! Any tips would be gratefully received, Karen,
Hi Karen,

The Thursday CBD drinks meetup is a good place to start. It's organised by swervo, details of the location are usually posted in the Meet-ups forum on Wednesday each week. Meet time is around 7pm and about 10 to 20 people turn up.