Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any British Students In Brisbane?

Any British Students In Brisbane?

Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

JetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really nice
Default Any British Students In Brisbane?

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any British Students or people planning to be students in Brisbane on here please?

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:42 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any British Students In Brisbane?

I'm a mature student studying in Brisbane. There are indeed many others who are students of some type or another. Is there anything particular you wanted to know ?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

My wife is a student, want me to ask her something for you?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

Me, I am at QUT Brisbane.

Regards
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

weepedro is an unknown quantity at this point

I should be heading to Brisbane/Gold Coast in the near future to do a 2/3 week RPL (Recognition of prior learning) so that I can get an Australian qualification and then finally get my 457 visa with the company who are sponsoring me.

Does anyone know what the deal is with having to leave the country again before you actually start to study ? I have been told that after I enter on a holiday visa I would need to go to for example NZ before heading back to do my qualification for some reason
Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

JetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really nice

Sorry about the late reply. I have been very busy recently.

There is nothing specific i want to know really, just some general pointers.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

gunn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, mature student in Brissie... any queries, fire away
Old Aug 1st 2010, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Do you not get any benefits that native Australian students get such as discounts?

Im not really sure what to ask to be honest. Im just wondering if anyone knows of anything that might help when i get there. Maybe places to go to meet people and stuff?

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2010, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weepedro
I should be heading to Brisbane/Gold Coast in the near future to do a 2/3 week RPL (Recognition of prior learning) so that I can get an Australian qualification and then finally get my 457 visa with the company who are sponsoring me.

Does anyone know what the deal is with having to leave the country again before you actually start to study ? I have been told that after I enter on a holiday visa I would need to go to for example NZ before heading back to do my qualification for some reason
I am pretty sure you can study for a short time on a holiday visa, but you will have to check. If not you apply for a student visa. You can do that on-shore. I have never heard anything about having to leave the country to pick up your qualification!
That is generally just to pick up off-shore visas. Some visas do not let you apply for an onshore visa, so you have to apply for an off-shore version of the same visa. As it is an off-shore visa you have to be off-shore when you go and pick it up, hence the nipping to somewhere like NZ. You would have to wait for the visa to be decided on however before being picked up, and there is no knowing for sure how long that would take.

Who told you that you had to leave? I would check with an agent as this seems like a few crossed wires.