Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any British muso's in Melbourne fancy writing an album?

Any British muso's in Melbourne fancy writing an album?

Old May 7th 2011, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any British muso's in Melbourne fancy writing an album?

Hey,

I have been playing in cover bands in Melbourne for a few years, mainly singing, and have tried a couple of times to find some decent guys to write original music with. The big problem I have is that Australian musicians have grown up in a different environment to me and it is reflected in their style of music and interests.

My background of music from the smiths, suede, blur, pulp, oasis, charlatans, verve etc is a world away from the bands here people aspire too like american pop, matchbox 20, nickelback and powderfinger etc and i find the overall direction of bands here is to emulate that sound which i cant get into.

So thought it might be worth being totally politically incorrect and see if there are any other brits in melbourne who play guitar, bass, drums or keys or whatever that share my frustration and would be interested in writing some music, maybe getting some gigs and having a laugh.

If there and you get where I am coming from, please send me a PM.

Cheers