Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Bristol area people fancy a meet?

Wikiposts

Any Bristol area people fancy a meet?

Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:39 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Bristol area people fancy a meet?

Originally Posted by shazfrost
im not surprised!

that sounds like a mad festive season!!!! just think how the time will FLY by and youll be there before you know it! (thats prob not helping your nerves though.. sorry!)

shame your going to the other side of OZ or we could re-convene there for a meet!
Shaz - how far into the process are you?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:57 am
nsw-march 05

shazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant future

not as far as you unfortunately!.. am going over on 4yr 457 visa...
have recieved contract and forms are in the post to me. so once dimia have recieved docs should take 2-4 weeks! (or so im told!)

aim to be over there mid feb!

Am going to newcastle (north of sydney) .. what about you?

Shaz

Originally Posted by wargod
Shaz - how far into the process are you?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:05 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

not as far as you unfortunately!.. am going over on 4yr 457 visa...
have recieved contract and forms are in the post to me. so once dimia have recieved docs should take 2-4 weeks! (or so im told!)

aim to be over there mid feb!

Am going to newcastle (north of sydney) .. what about you?

Shaz
Currently thinking of Brisbane, aim to send the visa forms to my agent mid next month, hopefully they will be lodged with DIMIA by Feb - guess-t-mating a sucessful turn around in 6 months, so hopefully a month long validation of visa trip july(ish) next year - then take the plunge this time next year or sooner if things go faster than expected !

457 visa - is that a business visa?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:13 am
nsw-march 05

shazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant future

Brisbane... lovely weather!!!!
457 is a buisness visa where i am being sponsored by an oz employer (who pay for my visa and relocation etc) it lasts up to 4 yrs and can be extended.. not as good as PR though!

ill apply for pr if everything is going ok after a month or so of being there!

S

Currently thinking of Brisbane, aim to send the visa forms to my agent mid next month, hopefully they will be lodged with DIMIA by Feb - guess-t-mating a sucessful turn around in 6 months, so hopefully a month long validation of visa trip july(ish) next year - then take the plunge this time next year or sooner if things go faster than expected !

457 visa - is that a business visa?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:21 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Brisbane... lovely weather!!!!
457 is a buisness visa where i am being sponsored by an oz employer (who pay for my visa and relocation etc) it lasts up to 4 yrs and can be extended.. not as good as PR though!

ill apply for pr if everything is going ok after a month or so of being there!

S
Sydney's weather aint too shabby either (as i recall) am i right in thinking that you are a recruitment consultant?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:24 am
nsw-march 05

you would be right inded!

yeah weathers not too bad in newcastle! (average 26 degrees in summer/15 degrees in winter) . certainly better than Weston!

what do you do? .. maybe i can help get you a job (or put you in touch with someone) when u come out!?

S

Sydney's weather aint too shabby either (as i recall) am i right in think that you are a recruitment consultant?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:29 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

you would be right inded!

yeah weathers not too bad in newcastle! (average 26 degrees in summer/15 degrees in winter) . certainly better than Weston!

what do you do? .. maybe i can help get you a job (or put you in touch with someone) when u come out!?

S
IT geek (applications programmer) but i am also a PADI Divemaster (scuba) and and ex (too fat and old now though) martial arts instructor. Really want to get out of IT in the long run though.
Preferably looking for something in the $250k per annum - working 1-2 days a month
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:36 am
nsw-march 05

Talking Re: Any Bristol area people fancy a meet?

another diver eh?
(although padi (spit))
am a bsac dive leader me (prob equivalent to a padi super super super diver ).. and would looooove to become instructor and spend casual days earning $250k (so if you decide to open a dive shop please, please bear me in mind! )

just think.. diving the perfect way to keep trim!

IT geek (applications programmer) but i am also a PADI Divemaster (scuba) and and ex (too fat and old now though) martial arts instructor. Really want to get out of IT in the long run though.
Preferably looking for something in the $250k per annum - working 1-2 days a month
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:44 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

another diver eh?
(although padi (spit))
am a bsac dive leader me (prob equivalent to a padi super super super diver ).. and would looooove to become instructor and spend casual days earning $250k (so if you decide to open a dive shop please, please bear me in mind! )

just think.. diving the perfect way to keep trim!
If i do open open up a shop you'll have to retrain
doubt if anyone knows of bsac !! Am also thinking of becomming an instructor - infact i posted a thread earlier seeing if anyone knew how much a dive shop instructor earns - no replies though
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:16 am
nsw-march 05

looks like you might have to open your own shop cos starting salaries for dive instructors are $25000-$55000! (see link below)

http://getaccess.westone.wa.gov.au/c...ata/OCC301.asp

(and dont think i didnt notice your bsac comment!)
.. to tell you the truth.. not many people were aware of bsac when i was in oz!

S

If i do open open up a shop you'll have to retrain
doubt if anyone knows of bsac !! Am also thinking of becomming an instructor - infact i posted a thread earlier seeing if anyone knew how much a dive shop instructor earns - no replies though
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:23 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

looks like you might have to open your own shop cos starting salaries for dive instructors are $25000-$55000! (see link below)

http://getaccess.westone.wa.gov.au/c...ata/OCC301.asp

(and dont think i didnt notice your bsac comment!)
.. to tell you the truth.. not many people were aware of bsac when i was in oz!

S
Dive shop it is then !!!!!!!

Ps - thanks for the link
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:32 am
nsw-march 05

dont forget about lil old me when ur looking for staff!

Ps. lwt me know if you can make 15th Jan for Bristol meet

Dive shop it is then !!!!!!!

Ps - thanks for the link
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:45 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

dont forget about lil old me when ur looking for staff!

Ps. lwt me know if you can make 15th Jan for Bristol meet
I'll have a word with the social director ('er 'indoors!! ) tonight and drop you a line tomorrow.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:54 am
nsw-march 05

no worries.. thanks for the chat.. and regards to the lady!

Shaz

I'll have a word with the social director ('er 'indoors!! ) tonight and drop you a line tomorrow.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:56 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

no worries.. thanks for the chat.. and regards to the lady!

Shaz
No worries !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.