Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any brickies going to adelaide?

Any brickies going to adelaide?

Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

willywonka is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Any brickies going to adelaide?

Am new to this site so need loads of advice. Just wondering how other brickies are finding everything, my wife is a nurse so were applying to go on her, but I am concerned about how quick I will find work out there, and what I have to do to make sure I get loads, have been told I dont need to get skills assessed, only wife has to, that I just need good references etc to take out with me, is that right?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any brickies going to adelaide?

Originally Posted by willywonka
Am new to this site so need loads of advice. Just wondering how other brickies are finding everything, my wife is a nurse so were applying to go on her, but I am concerned about how quick I will find work out there, and what I have to do to make sure I get loads, have been told I dont need to get skills assessed, only wife has to, that I just need good references etc to take out with me, is that right?

You don't need your skills assessed, but you will need a contractors licence if you want to work either on your own or as a supervisor. You'll also need to do a health and safety course and possibly first aid.

There is lots of building going on here, so just get your name down everwhere and you should be able to find work.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

RachaelW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
If you're going to Adelaide, you might find these sites helpful:
www.pomsinadelaide.com : a forum for Adelaide migrants, a wealth of information and everyone is soooo helpful.
www.adelaidebound.com is a good site set up by one of the forum members.
Rachael.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

willywonka is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that, will have a look now. Thanks