Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any body else living like this?

Any body else living like this?

Old Jan 15th 2003, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Smile Any body else living like this?

We're still awaiting visa but the house is a cross between "Changing Rooms" and "House Doctor"!!
The wife is driving me mad with all those little repairs that you keep promising to do but never quite got the time..... well Judgement day is here..... so I better log off and get something done seeing as I promised to move the desk so she can strip the wall behind it.

Ah well anything for a peaceful life
Old Jan 15th 2003, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

ianduggan5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Worse!

Have the visa, house is just livable, just waiting for planning permission to come through so we can sell to builders.

Not fun! It's been four months so far!
Old Jan 15th 2003, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

went through it all in the summer so can sympathise!
Didn't begin work till we got the visas then decorated entire three bed house and put in a new kitchen and carpets before putting house on the market (mad). With the benefit of hindsight would have done the work sooner. We were under so much pressure over the summer, seemed to live with a paintbrush permanently attached to my hand!

Good luck! It's even rubbed off on the kids, my 7 year old son saw House Doctor a while back, didn't think he was watching it that closely then said - we did everything they suggest apart from plants in pots by the front door!
Old Jan 15th 2003, 9:49 am

percyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Been there, done that,

new bathroom, new flooring, looks really good now, might even stay (not !), and most recently toned down the colour of our bedroom (re: house doctor) and adjusted some door, so they now close. Just need to add some finishing touches today and clear away the paint pots and brushes, as we have prospective tennants looking at the house on Friday

Jo
Old Jan 15th 2003, 10:14 am
Magnetic Member

magnetman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any body else living like this?

Originally posted by Rossi
We're still awaiting visa but the house is a cross between "Changing Rooms" and "House Doctor"!!
The wife is driving me mad with all those little repairs that you keep promising to do but never quite got the time..... well Judgement day is here..... so I better log off and get something done seeing as I promised to move the desk so she can strip the wall behind it.

Ah well anything for a peaceful life
You've forgotten one programme..... with 4 weeks to go the programme most appropriate to us is 'life laundry'. 2 skiploads to the tip last weekend, much more to come.....

Old Jan 15th 2003, 12:28 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Ah those fond memories of repainting the house last summer. 10 gallons of cream, 10 gallons of irovy and 10 gallons of magnolia...

But what we were really wondering, since it's now nasty winter in the UK, if the mold has grown back in the dining room of our old house back in sunny Chatham? Ah well, there's always the dry rot under the loo to fix - that'll be fun when the floor gives way....

So come on, own up to your "Sod this, I'm leaving the country" botch jobs....

Anon
Old Jan 15th 2003, 12:53 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

This has me in Stiches Anon E Mouse

You stole our colour chart!!! We spent two years after buying doing up a house and decorating with the plan in mind we might be trying to sell to people who did not appreciate our normal taste in colours. I had one mad moment in the downstairs loo and it was all pine and racing green!! The cheapest thing we did though was after getting all the replastering done was give up on the master bedroom and repaint the woodchip holding up the plaster on the walls - one room only I promise!
Old Jan 15th 2003, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Oh, I'm crying with laughter!!! You can just imagine their faces when they find your handy work! I have no horror stories to add but I can't wait to read all the other replies. Remind me not to come round to your house Anon, I might fall through the floor in the loo....

Claire
xx
Old Jan 15th 2003, 2:33 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

It is even worse for us because we will be renting so everything must be pristine but we are not doing it for ourselves??? Never mind all those jobs I have been waiting for husband to do for 6/7/8/ years will get done NOW!!!

It wasn't until I looked at the house through the rental agents' eyes I realised how long it was since some rooms had been done!

Hope we get the rental to make it worth it all.
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

alan has started our loft conversion (agent said it could add 30k to house price) we have lived here for 7 years now (and were always going to do it) so it will be nice to experience the new bedroom for a few months. we are living amongst many wardrobes and chests of drawers at the back of the lounge at present and there is no ceiling in the bathroom! our old bedroom window is awful, it is a double glazed unit with a hole in it so there is continual condensation in it - from the inside (behind a net curtain) you can't really tell. it is a bungalow so there is no way they won't notice but al is loathe to replace it! we watch all the programmes, house doctor and property ladder are favourites. i took a carfull of clothes to oxfam last week, but part of mne wants to hang on to those cords and polos and warm jackets!
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Would love to tell you about the botch jobs but the surveyor is coming tomorrow - don't want to give them any clues!!!

I did just paint over a spot of mould this morning though, with my.....magnolia paint!!
Old Jan 15th 2003, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any body else living like this?

Even worse- we have done all that, and are now living with rellies!! Aaaaaaaaaaaah- I am a pikey.............. Roll on having my own house again (hurry up AHC)

2 years and counting...........
Old Jan 16th 2003, 5:42 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Got our visas August,had the house up for sale since May,had 2 sales fall through due to time wasting peasants who thought it would be fun to offer on a house they just can't afford,then dissappear.

BB-can't take much more (as Jordy said to Michael Jackson)

P.S Anon,did you come from Chatham inn i ?
Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:38 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

We haven't even been for medicals yet and have decorated house last year, got in estate agent got valuation left it 4 months touched up re-decorated rooms got re valuation left it 4 months did SAME AGAIN revalued. Price gone up £20000 in a year could sell tomorrow but no bleeding medicals and it's been 42 weeks out of the 50 we were told. Have got plans and brochure from OZ for new houses coming out of our ears and still no medicals( have I said that already?). Anyway what's the point in worrying. Might start decorating again. Does antone watch Hot Property on Sky?
Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm decorating at the moment, only a few areas, but got a tiler booked, need a new fence, Got rid of some junk (done several car boot sales), loads of jumble gone.....all to sell at a good price. Wish I'd done it years ago.

Mash...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.