Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any bikers near Toowoomba, Queensland?

Any bikers near Toowoomba, Queensland?

Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road
Question Any bikers near Toowoomba, Queensland?

Hi all,
My OH normally posts on this site and as the 'big move' is fast approaching, I thought I would see if there are any bikers near to where we are moving.
I have a KTM 950 supermoto and I am taking it with me .
We are planning to arrive in toowoomba around New Year and it would be great to talk to anyone over there already or planning to go.
Tony (Lisa's OH)
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any bikers near Toowoomba, Queensland?

We're at the stage were hopefully in the next couple of days we'll have the money taken from our accounts (reflecting on the spreadsheets!) We also hope to move south of Brisbane, Springfield area?? I too am taking my Africa Twin and was planning on having it packed first inside our container, but having been to the Manchester Expo, was told it would be the last thing for Custom reasons...gutted! Just had GPS cradle fitted and am looking forward to some long ride outs a la Long Way Down!!! Keep in touch and hopefully share a coffee on top of a mountain somewhere!! Nice bikes the KTM but ya can't beat a Twin - she's my baby!!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:24 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

If any of you lot venture southside give us a yell..i'm sure we can arrange summat....might show ya some twisties...if youse can keep up..
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LM109
Hi all,
My OH normally posts on this site and as the 'big move' is fast approaching, I thought I would see if there are any bikers near to where we are moving.
We are planning to arrive in toowoomba around New Year and it would be great to talk to anyone over there already or planning to go.
Tony (Lisa's OH)
Blimey - 2 threads on Toowoomba in one day

We live just outside the city and brought 4 bikes with us
I've got a CBR 400RR (cos I'm a midget and hubby has a ZXR750 and a 1978 Triumph Bonnie (both of which he's had from new) and a 1956 BSA Bantam.

There are quite a few bikers out here - lots on Harleys though and some of them can't ride for toffee! We haven't ridden as much as we would have liked, mainly because we have a 12 year old son who is mad about sport and most of our weekends are spent ferrying him around to matches.

We did go to a rally a couple of weekends ago at Imbil
http://www.leisure-riders.com/faqs.htm
It pissed down with rain the whole way there (180 miles)
Still very good fun though

You'll have to get in touch when you get over - my hubby works for QLD Transport now so can help with all the stuff you need to do with registering your bike
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:52 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nicstids

I've got a CBR 400RR (cos I'm a midget and hubby has a ZXR750 and a 1978 Triumph Bonnie (both of which he's had from new) and a 1956 BSA Bantam.

There are quite a few bikers out here - lots on Harleys though and some of them can't ride for toffee! We haven't ridden as much as we would have liked, mainly because we have a 12 year old son who is mad about sport and most of our weekends are spent ferrying him around to matches.

You'll have to get in touch when you get over - my hubby works for QLD Transport now so can help with all the stuff you need to do with registering your bike
If only you'd mentioned that bit 12 months ago... does he deal with engineers and modifications and stuff? Hubby has only just got his chop on the road after a long wait (3 months) for QLD Transport to decide how they wanted the bike registered.. then they came back and said that it was up to the engineer... doh!!! It's done and dusted now, but would've been good to have some inside knowledge!!

Check out
www.choppersaustralia.com
www.streetfighters.com.au

both good sites for info about meet ups and rallies etc etc..

Have fun!
Sonic x

Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Tony (Lisa's OH)
bit of a girls bike
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:27 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

<soz to barge in >

Im not into bikes, albeit i likes lookin at em !

Where we live, the village sees about 300+ riders each weekend.. they nip in pub have a few coldies, then saunter up to Mt Mee.

Generally, a great bunch, and mostly 2 or 3 guys together on separate bikes lol.. or couples on separate bikes

Most arrive about 9-10am... and it just goes from there.. as far as im aware, its the biggest gathering, of bikers on a regular basis, for no apparent reason lol..

also we seem to see tons of utes with motor-x bikes strapped to the back, so theres gotta be someones old paddock, being ripped... somewhere close by
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:38 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
<soz to barge in >

Where we live, the village sees about 300+ riders each weekend.. they nip in pub have a few coldies, then saunter up to Mt Mee.

Generally, a great bunch, and mostly 2 or 3 guys together on separate bikes lol.. or couples on separate bikes

Most arrive about 9-10am... and it just goes from there.. as far as im aware, its the biggest gathering, of bikers on a regular basis, for no apparent reason lol..

also we seem to see tons of utes with motor-x bikes strapped to the back, so theres gotta be someones old paddock, being ripped... somewhere close by
The utes are going up Mt Mee as well - they ride through the firebreaks on the bikes, then back to the visitor centre to load them back into the utes again. Did look at getting a traillie or two but they are asking around $10k for a decent 400cc - by the time we get a couple it's turning into an expensive hobby
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:47 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
<soz to barge in >

Ok I'll admit to being a Mt Mee terrorist...there's a few aus biker forums that organise runs up that way,Don't tend to go as much as i used too...old bill just sit there and you just rack up the points.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Catch
bit of a girls bike
So what tough manly bike are you riding around on !!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Kat00m is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Tony (Lisa's OH)

Hi Tony
Im off to Buderim with the wife and kids on the 10th of Dec, im taking the 950 Adv so when your here send me a pm and we can go out for a ride
Good luck
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

So what tough manly bike are you riding around on !!!!
bought a er6f " a bit girlie too "
Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kat00m
Hi Tony
Im off to Buderim with the wife and kids on the 10th of Dec, im taking the 950 Adv so when your here send me a pm and we can go out for a ride
Good luck
Hi, will definately get in touch once sorted out and have got the bike over there.
Tony
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Any bikers near Toowoomba, Queensland?

Originally Posted by Nicstids

Could prove to be really useful with your hubby working for Qld Transport. If you send me an email I can catch up for a chat when we arrive
Thank
Tony
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about

As I mentioned earlier, I am hoping to bring my Africa Twin over with me though searching through the likes of e-bay (Oz) and bike sales magazines, I can't find any reference of an Africa Twin??? Can anyone already over there advise me in terms of what parts availability is like / service etc should I win the battle with my OH and bring my baby over with me!!!

Regards

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.