Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any applicants from January been granted a visa yet?

Any applicants from January been granted a visa yet?

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Default Any applicants from January been granted a visa yet?

Guys,
Me 'n' the missus applied for a skilled independent visa (subclass 136) last October, unfortunately the package mysteriously went missing at Adelaide Skilled processing centre and didn't turn up again until the start of January (Although i have proof of posting and confirmation of delivery).
As you can imagine this 10 weeks of "Unknown" was mega stressful as the paperwork took months of preparation and the delay has obviously added time onto our application. I suppose there's nothing I can do about it although i was more than just a little miffed!!!!

I have applied as a special class electrician (Not on the MODL) and was assessed by the TRA. I have the points required but have not heard a single thing since the confirmation letter 9 months ago. As all our friends are over here we have decided to get married before we go and have organised it all for early December. The only thing is I've emailed the processing centre several times over a period of weeks to see what documentation etc they will require from us following the wedding and I've never even got the automated reply that says "Your enquiry will be answered in 3-5 working days ....blah, blah ..". Have they changed the email address and neglected to let us know,I've been using [email protected]
Are there any other January applicants who are having as much luck as us or are all you guys getting on the plane as I type you lucky souls.

Help us, the weather sure is starting to stink up in Northern England,

Regards

Mr and Mrs Patmoss (In December) :scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

alamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any applicants from January been granted a visa yet?

Hi guys,

Yep, we are in the same boat as you. We applied 5/1/04 for a 136 and front loaded our meds around Easter time. Haven't heard a thing yet but hoping it wont be too long now. Just getting the house ship shape for selling and keep thinking of the reason why.
We are near Glasgow so I know what you mean about the weather.

Alamo.