Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any ambulance technicians out there?

any ambulance technicians out there?

Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Talking any ambulance technicians out there?

Any ambulance technicians out there? Just wondered....... i am a qualified ambulance tech and have been for 4 and a half years. Applied for visa with hubbies profession. hoping to move to Melbourne. Is it an easy thing to get in to over there? Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share?

thank you x :scared:

Last edited by janbrdy; Sep 4th 2005 at 1:04 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of
Default Re: any ambulance technicians out there?

Originally Posted by janbrdy
Any ambulance technicians out there? Just wondered....... i am a qualified ambulance tech and have been for 4 and a half years. Applied for visa with hubbies profession. hoping to move to Melbourne. Is it an easy thing to get in to over there? Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share?

Hi Jan,

I thought you were a Paramedic?

Re: MRSA in Australia (Victoria)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, i know this sounds bizarre but if i have MRSA will i fail my medical? i only ask but i am a paramedic and regularly come into contact with people that are MRSA possitive (as im sure many nurses, doctors etc do)?

Please put my mind at rest? Can i still move to Oz?

Lol x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as I'm aware there are no Techs in Oz. There are varying stages of Paramedic.
Bog standard
ITU and
EMP.

Paramedics enter the profession with a degree and then learn on the job. Their skill level is less than their British counter parts (i.e no throbolysis) but their knowledge level is slightly greater.

Heres a link to the South Australian Ambulance Service human resources department if you'd like to email for further info. They will do their best to reply to any queries you have.

[email protected] mark your mail FAO Emma Duglas.

Hope this helps. where are you based?

Flash.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

No i am an ambo tech but nobody ever knows what that is!! They think i fix the ambulances or something so i just say paramedic for a simpler life. I am based in Wellingborough for two shires ambulance service.
My understanding of Oz was that you start as an Ambulance officer or student Paramedic and over five years you study for a degree and become a paramedic. Do you have experience of this?

i am looking to move to melbourne and cant get much info from their site!!
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

No i am an ambo tech but nobody ever knows what that is!! They think i fix the ambulances or something so i just say paramedic for a simpler life. I am based in Wellingborough for two shires ambulance service.
My understanding of Oz was that you start as an Ambulance officer or student Paramedic and over five years you study for a degree and become a paramedic. Do you have experience of this?

Is this the site you checked??

http://www.ambulance-vic.com.au/mas_index.html
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

thankyou, yes it is. There used to be a section about foreign applicants but i cant seem to find it now. Maybe i am being a bit stupid (blonde and dumb) I have just had two pints of cider and it is only lunch time!! Will look later when i have sobered up a bit!!
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jan,

I can give you some advice so I'll PM OK.

Cheers

Keebs.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by thebardies

They don't check for MRSA on your Immigration medicals, the only thing is because of your work it's best to have a 3 blood tests done, this to save any potential problems later.