Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Aircraft Engineers???

Any Aircraft Engineers???

Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

ralphwiggam will become famous soon enoughralphwiggam will become famous soon enough
Post Any Aircraft Engineers???

Wondering if there are any licenced aircraft engineers on here??

If so can you tell me what the average salery is?

Does it depend on how many types you have?

Also, What are the job prospects there like at the mo, here in Europe I have noticed that there are not as many jobs being advertised.

Cheers
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

anawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any Aircraft Engineers???

Ahoy there.
To be honest, most jobs here don't seem to be advertised. What you see in The Australian newspaper on a Friday is not all there is. Forget the aviation job websites, as they don't have much. You're most likely to get a job by door knocking when you arrive. I would guess that 75% of all the LAME jobs here are found that way.
As far as wages goes, that will depend a hell of a lot on who you work for. Where abouts are you looking to work? What licenses do you hold?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:26 am
Just Joined

ralphwiggam will become famous soon enoughralphwiggam will become famous soon enough

Thats good to know, Cheers.

I'm a B1with A320 CFM/V2500 & B737 NG.

I have my mind set on the Gold coast Airport, I'm not actually sure who does the maintenance there.

I know its a small airport but they are expanding at the moment to double the size.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ralphwiggam
Thats good to know, Cheers.

I'm a B1with A320 CFM/V2500 & B737 NG.

I have my mind set on the Gold coast Airport, I'm not actually sure who does the maintenance there.

I know its a small airport but they are expanding at the moment to double the size.
Hi ralphwiggam.
I'm b2 with the same types. Have you found out anything about jobs in Queensland? We fancy the brisbane area.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Hey Nelbhoy,

No haven't heard anyting really. I am still in Europe. I am actually just starting our visa process this month. I'm actually on an A330/A340 course at the moment in Malta, and just yeasterday I seen an ad for an A330 LAME on the gold coast. There are always jobs advertised for Brisbane, but usually nothing for Gold coast. When are heading over there?

I have a couple of mate over there at the moment meching with Jetstar in Newcastle on c checks. They said that they have to do 3 exams to convert the EASA license over to a CASA one. One is Air leg, the other one is engines and the other one is airframe. Thats for B1 anyway.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Nelbhoy,

No haven't heard anyting really. I am still in Europe. I am actually just starting our visa process this month. I'm actually on an A330/A340 course at the moment in Malta, and just yeasterday I seen an ad for an A330 LAME on the gold coast. There are always jobs advertised for Brisbane, but usually nothing for Gold coast. When are heading over there?

I have a couple of mate over there at the moment meching with Jetstar in Newcastle on c checks. They said that they have to do 3 exams to convert the EASA license over to a CASA one. One is Air leg, the other one is engines and the other one is airframe. Thats for B1 anyway.
Visa posted last month. Was hoping to go over next year but may have to extend that. Where did you see jobs adveritsed?
We would like to move to Brisbane, but to be honest if I could get a job out there with a decent wage, I would consider most areas. It has to be better than doing ramp chks in the pishing rain at GLA!!!
Have you done the TRA yet?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

I seen the jobs advertised on careerone website. They come out usually on Fri. Do you have any contact datails of the recruitment agencies? I have a couple if you dont have them.

http://www.careerone.com.au/aviation-transport-jobs/aircraft-maintenance

No. haven't done the TRA yet. I'm actually in the process now of filling it in, then its the poxy part of hunting down all the copies of the certs and stuff, how about you?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I seen the jobs advertised on careerone website. They come out usually on Fri. Do you have any contact datails of the recruitment agencies? I have a couple if you dont have them.

http://www.careerone.com.au/aviation-transport-jobs/aircraft-maintenance

No. haven't done the TRA yet. I'm actually in the process now of filling it in, then its the poxy part of hunting down all the copies of the certs and stuff, how about you?
Aye, TRA done last month. They aren't really interested in your licences, which was a bit strange, more your length of apprenticeship & the amount of formal study you undertook.
Where did you do your time? Are you using an agent?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

I did my time in Ryanair, Dublin, how about u? In Germany at the mo.

No, we are no using an agent, did you? I seen a section on the TRA form for an agent. It didn't say it was optional to fill it in or not!!!

Yeah, funny they are not interested in the licenses!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Aye, TRA done last month. They aren't really interested in your licences, which was a bit strange, more your length of apprenticeship & the amount of formal study you undertook.
Where did you do your time? Are you using an agent?
Thats true, copies of log book and every thing.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

I did my time in Ryanair, Dublin, how about u? In Germany at the mo.

No, we are no using an agent, did you? I seen a section on the TRA form for an agent. It didn't say it was optional to fill it in or not!!!

Yeah, funny they are not interested in the licenses!!
Did my time with BA at LHR. You don't need an agent for the TRA but I would STRONGLY recommmend using one. We tried to do it ourselves, got all the certificates together, all the references, and then discovered that we did not directly fit into any of the pathways. It killed me going to an agent because we had gathered all the necessary info together i.e. done all the donkey work, but we didn't know how to structure the application. So he sat there & took the best part of £700 off us the week before Christmas just for giving us a template.
But I honestly believe if we didn't approach that agent we would have been rejected.
As for the visa itself, we didn't use an agent and it was a bit of bun!!
PM me and I'll let you know what I think the phrase "structure the application"
really means!!
Worked on Ryanair in PAM at Prestwick. O'leary's a chancing ****** isn't he?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Thats true, copies of log book and every thing.
What stage are you at ausi dream?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

What stage are you at ausi dream?
We have residency.
But we are back in the Uk at the moment, not quite sure what to do about going back though, as lots of issues to sort out. But we have had experience of Brisbane.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi ralphwiggam.
I'm b2 with the same types. Have you found out anything about jobs in Queensland? We fancy the brisbane area.
Your b2 avionics, my husbands b1.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ausi dream
We have residency.
But we are back in the Uk at the moment, not quite sure what to do about going back though, as lots of issues to sort out. But we have had experience of Brisbane.
how did you find the job situation in Brisbane?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.