Reload this Page >

Any advise on Vehicle Importing and emigration advise in general

Wikiposts

Any advise on Vehicle Importing and emigration advise in general

Old Dec 24th 2004, 7:00 am
Just Joined

CaronC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advise on Vehicle Importing and emigration advise in general

We are relocating to Brisbane Feb 2005 we had planned to ship our Audi A6 but are finding as this is a private move the cost is escalating. We would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experience of importing their car from the UK especially if you thought it was worth the cost. We are considering quotes from Avalon and United Movers International the later use Ridgeway Removers as their agents in Australia. Does anyone have any experience of these companies. Generally we would appreciate hearing anyones does and donts especially as we are bringing two young children with us. Please respond to [email protected] thank you
Old Dec 24th 2004, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any advise on Vehicle Importing and emigration advise in general

Originally Posted by CaronC
We are relocating to Brisbane Feb 2005 we had planned to ship our Audi A6 but are finding as this is a private move the cost is escalating. We would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experience of importing their car from the UK especially if you thought it was worth the cost. We are considering quotes from Avalon and United Movers International the later use Ridgeway Removers as their agents in Australia. Does anyone have any experience of these companies. Generally we would appreciate hearing anyones does and donts especially as we are bringing two young children with us. Please respond to [email protected] thank you
No experience of your situation, though I did look at what would be involved in taking my XJ900 Diversion and decided it wasn't worth it. We used PSS for our removals, so far they've been very good and I know they do a vehicle and house package. Might be worth getting a quote from them as well.
Best of luck!
Old Dec 24th 2004, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

steve the man is on a distinguished road

Unless your car is a classic that is worth a bit its not really worth it to take a car to OZ, by the time you have paid to ship it +import fees + GST+costs of having it altered to OZ specs you would end up paying out nearly as much as the car is worth ! as I found out when I enquired about taking my 1998 Calibra it would have cost me the thick end of £4500-£5000 and the bloody thing is only worth around £3000 at most !! Nuff said
Old Dec 25th 2004, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Made the move a couple of times. Used Anglo Pacific who were very good. As to bringing a car over it's worth looking at the resale value over here. We left our 528i over in the UK as we'd only 'owned and used' it for 10 months not 12 - an Australian requirement. We would've brought it over as it's worth almost 3 times as much here (even after currency conversion). To bring in a newish car would cost about $4000 for shipping and taxes. All cars differ to the modifications - you should check with the manufacturer. All in all, if you can sell it in the UK for a decent price then it's worth thinking about. However, you will miss the kudos of having an A6 over here as they are still relatively rare.