Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any advice welcome!

any advice welcome!

Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Location: caerphilly, south wales, avonsleigh, melbourne as of 30/03/05!!!!
carloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the rough
Default any advice welcome!

we moved to australia 9 mths ago now, we have just said a sad farewell to hubbies parents! who absolutely loved australia!
what we were wondering is, how would we go about getting them out here with us? my mother in law is 63 and recieves a state pension in the uk, and my father in law is 60 yrs old and has a private pension, they are pretty well off financially, so would not need to be supported by the australian government, my brother in law (who would also be coming here) is a graphic designer, they are the only relatives my inlaws have, apart from my kids.
does anybody have any words of advice of where we should start, we are just so confused by the whole immigration process!

many thanks to all that have taken the time to read or reply to this post in advance.

louise
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:25 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: any advice welcome!

sorry...I can't be of any help, but perhaps if you post this in the immigration forum someone will know.

Good luck
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advice welcome!

Originally Posted by carloubateman
we moved to australia 9 mths ago now, we have just said a sad farewell to hubbies parents! who absolutely loved australia!
what we were wondering is, how would we go about getting them out here with us? my mother in law is 63 and recieves a state pension in the uk, and my father in law is 60 yrs old and has a private pension, they are pretty well off financially, so would not need to be supported by the australian government, my brother in law (who would also be coming here) is a graphic designer, they are the only relatives my inlaws have, apart from my kids.
does anybody have any words of advice of where we should start, we are just so confused by the whole immigration process!

many thanks to all that have taken the time to read or reply to this post in advance.

louise

Look at the Contributory Parent visa:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books_migrate.htm

Download and read booklet 3 to see if you qualify to sponsor. One of the requirements is that you've been in Australia 2 years.

If you are planning to sponsor your brother-in-law as well then it gets more complex and you should get professional advice.

Ask further on the immigration forum.

Jeremy
Old Dec 30th 2005, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: any advice welcome!

Originally Posted by carloubateman

louise
Hi Louise my husband and I have just applied to go on a parent contributory visa we are both in our 50 it will cost us £27.000 and will take 6 to 9 months we have two sons one in oz and one in UK we are using a agent just to take the hassle out of doing all the paperwork ourselves, good luck
Janet