Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any advice please for where to live.

Any advice please for where to live.

Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Jimbo3172 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice please for where to live.

My girlfiend and i are currently looking into the prospect of moving to australia but have no idea as to where to live, i am a fully qualified motor vehicle technician and marine engineer and i am currently running my own marine engineering company in Vilamoura Portugal working manily on pleasure craft up to approx 100ft. I would idealy like to be able to carry on working in this field. My girlfriend has a law degree and would like to work within the legal system if possible.
Any advice from anyone please???
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any advice please for where to live.

With your criteria, I would suggest a big city near the sea. So, anywhere except Canberra.

Mike.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimbo3172
My girlfiend and i are currently looking into the prospect of moving to australia but have no idea as to where to live, i am a fully qualified motor vehicle technician and marine engineer and i am currently running my own marine engineering company in Vilamoura Portugal working manily on pleasure craft up to approx 100ft. I would idealy like to be able to carry on working in this field. My girlfriend has a law degree and would like to work within the legal system if possible.
Williamstown, melbourne

Massive marina and docks 2 and 5 mins drive away. City 20 mins and has 3 train stations

Beautiful place with cafes,bars, lots of shops, city skyline veiws across the port. Fan bloody tastic mate. If you cant afford willy there are places nearby. Do a search on www.realestate.com.au on the rental section at the top for williamstown and surrounding areas like newport yarraville seddon spotswood altona kingsville

good luck

al
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:30 am
Just Joined

charliegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne, Sydney or the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast might suit you. There'd be lots of pleasure craft in Queensland and Sydney. Not as many in Melbourne. It might also boil down to weather. Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast are warmer and very humid over summer. Sydney is warm and humid over summer. Melbourne has four seasons, and is cooler.

You could check out the following for information on where to live and rental prices
www.cityhobo.com
www.domain.com.au
www.realestate.com.au
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charliegirl
Melbourne, Sydney or the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast might suit you. There'd be lots of pleasure craft in Queensland and Sydney. Not as many in Melbourne. It might also boil down to weather. Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast are warmer and very humid over summer. Sydney is warm and humid over summer. Melbourne has four seasons, and is cooler.

You could check out the following for information on where to live and rental prices
www.cityhobo.com
www.domain.com.au
www.realestate.com.au
Melbourne weather is great, a bit like mid to north spaing as we are 40 degrees south and on the same latitude but south so hopefully youll know what the weather is like in portugal itll be similar here.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:31 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimbo3172
Hi

Excellent opportunities in Perth for the Motor Mechanic skills.
I'll send you a private message with details.

Neil.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Jimbo3172 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the input advice is very helpful. jimbo
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:53 am

dazah is an unknown quantity at this point

queens land and wa have a big marine industry vic not so much

could try emailing www.sealinkmarine.com.au not sure about the au bit