Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any advice on my cds!!!!

Any advice on my cds!!!!

Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Any advice on my cds!!!!

Dear all

I fly to sydney in 6 weeks and am basically starting again and not taking anything other than personal bits and peices and clothes etc.

However I do have my cd's in a stand which I want to take with me and don't know the best way to go about it - has anybody had a similar problem? Can anybody offer any advice on the best way to get them there. Double stand with probably 100 cd's in - other loose ones can come with me/family over the next year.

Cheers
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:17 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice on my cds!!!!

Originally posted by JayneS
Dear all

I fly to sydney in 6 weeks and am basically starting again and not taking anything other than personal bits and peices and clothes etc.

However I do have my cd's in a stand which I want to take with me and don't know the best way to go about it - has anybody had a similar problem? Can anybody offer any advice on the best way to get them there. Double stand with probably 100 cd's in - other loose ones can come with me/family over the next year.

Cheers
Hi Jayne

I'm sure you can buy CD bags similar to what DJ's put their vinyl into. Lot of DJ's using CD's now, criminal, they gotta get them around somehow. May have to ditch the stand thou.

Walla
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Thanks very much will have a look - typical my cd stand is about the only thing I'm attached to !
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all

Cheers
you could get a CD folder...pull out the paperwork and CD's and then you have all your CD's in one place (throw the plastic cases away)...doesn't really answer question about stand though!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:19 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Thanks very much will have a look - typical my cd stand is about the only thing I'm attached to !
You sentimental thing you
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Hi
I would treat yourself to an i-pod mp3 player or similar product - around the £300-£400 mark. Then simply transfer the cds onto it and flog the cds on e-bay cheaply to pay for it!
I have my entire collection on mine with a back up on my pc. This way I can carry my entire collection around in my pocket...
Everyones a winner!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

FiFi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

you could just parcel up the CD tower and have it put in the hold with the fragile baggage... I was surprised to see lots of people flying into Sydney and Perth from Asia with all sorts of stuff in boxes - TV's CD players etc...

We put my sons saxaphone in with the fragile stuff .. no extra charge, included in your baggage allowance and safe as houses..
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Go to Argos and spend £20 on a CD wallet that holds 214 CD's.

I've bought 2 so the kids can take thier rubbish music too