Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any advice most welcome

Any advice most welcome

Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Haktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant future
Default Any advice most welcome

Hi All,

I know this is not the immigration forum, but I am hoping that someone who may have had the same trouble migrating as I, who might be able to offer any advice.

My agent has submitted my application to DIMA for a subclass 138 visa last Friday.

However my uncle who I was hoping to use as an Assurance of Support does not earn enough for my family and I, the agent I am using has recommended I use a company based in Melbourne who can provide the assurance for a fee, obviously!!!, after speaking with this company it appears they also offer a joint assurance service, thereby allowing me to use my uncle and this company jointly which will reduce the fee.

My questions are,

Should I use such a company

Has anyone else used a company of such sorts

Does anyone know of any companies based in Oz who provide this service, as I would like to compare them from the one recommended to me by my agent.

Any advice would be very much welcomed.

Thanks
H
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:41 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice most welcome

I've never heard of such a scheme but it's the sort of thing someone might set up.

Have they a website with information which can be checked? Perhaps someone on here in the area would drop into the address and get a gut feeling as to whether they are a legitimate concern and run professionally?

Several people asked if Trazfers currency agency was "safe" - I went in and satisfied myself that the company was a legitimately organised and run setup. It might be prudent to do the same thing?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Haktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wol
I've never heard of such a scheme but it's the sort of thing someone might set up.

Have they a website with information which can be checked? Perhaps someone on here in the area would drop into the address and get a gut feeling as to whether they are a legitimate concern and run professionally?

Several people asked if Trazfers currency agency was "safe" - I went in and satisfied myself that the company was a legitimately organised and run setup. It might be prudent to do the same thing?
Hi,

Thanks for your reply very much appreciated.

Below are the details which were emailed to me from the agent I am using, as you can see it mentions the MARA website, however I emailed MARA yesterday to ask if they have a list of such companies, I have received an email this morning to say they have no list on their databases!!!

So now I am not sure what to do next..

Assurance of Support Company

From the MARA website:

If your client needs Assurance of Support, your client or you may contact us with the contact details listed below:

Sydney Office: Telephone: (02) 9280 4188
Fax: (02) 9280 4288
Email Address: xyx20@hotmail.
[email protected]
Suite 347, Level 3, Sussex Centre,
401 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW 2000

Melbourne Branch: Telephone: (03) 9678 9233
Fax: (03) 9678 9009
Email Address: [email protected]
[email protected]
Level 28, 303 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Postal Address: GPO Box 4667, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Approximate Costs:

Skilled – sponsored visas
1 adult applicant - $3800($500 deposit inclusive) + DIMIA Bond fee
2 adult applicants - $7000($1000 deposit inc.) + DIMIA Bond fee
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

It might well be legitimate, but given the reply from DIMIA, the costs involved and the email address it would be prudent to get someone to drop in in passing. Why not email them anyway and evaluate what reply you get - nothing to lose!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:34 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
It might well be legitimate, but given the reply from DIMIA, the costs involved and the email address it would be prudent to get someone to drop in in passing. Why not email them anyway and evaluate what reply you get - nothing to lose!
Im across the road so will have a nosey tommorrow for you.

Level 28, 303 Collins right

Kiwi
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haktahsin
Hi All,

I know this is not the immigration forum, but I am hoping that someone who may have had the same trouble migrating as I, who might be able to offer any advice.

My agent has submitted my application to DIMA for a subclass 138 visa last Friday.

However my uncle who I was hoping to use as an Assurance of Support does not earn enough for my family and I, the agent I am using has recommended I use a company based in Melbourne who can provide the assurance for a fee, obviously!!!, after speaking with this company it appears they also offer a joint assurance service, thereby allowing me to use my uncle and this company jointly which will reduce the fee.

My questions are,

Should I use such a company

Has anyone else used a company of such sorts

Does anyone know of any companies based in Oz who provide this service, as I would like to compare them from the one recommended to me by my agent.

Any advice would be very much welcomed.

Thanks
H
There are companies that will supply the AOS.. but obviously for a fee. If you have a look at this thread it will give you some insight. Good luck with it all

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360382
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebears

Kiwi
That would be excellent, very much appreciated.

Yes Level 28,

Cheers
Hak
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebears

Kiwi
Hi Kiwi

I wonder if you had the chance to check out this place???

Cheers