British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Any advice for Loose? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/any-advice-loose-243242/)

bundy Jul 20th 2004 10:57 am

Any advice for Loose?

Right, as some of you know, our forum buddy Loose is off to Oz next Thursday. And, since he isn't generally able to get online anymore, he's got loads of questions about what he needs to do before he goes. He's not even got round to packing yet....

So, has anyone got a decent To Do list that I can pass onto him?

He says to say hello by the way!

scutterUK Jul 20th 2004 10:59 am

.....didn't larrisa do one? :| she did it in 3 parts? i think. :D do a search it's there somewhere. ;)

additional: I just had a quick look in my bookmarks. I'm sure i marked it for future reference but i can't find it now. My bookmarks are in such a state i need bookmarks to find my bookmarks... :rolleyes:

bundy Jul 20th 2004 11:02 am

Hmmmm....I know Carianne did a three-parter, and I've got that one. But I do remember someone else doing one recently with all kinds of tips, but can't remember who. Tried searching, to no avail:confused:

scutterUK Jul 20th 2004 11:03 am

Originally posted by bundy
Hmmmm....I know Carianne did a three-parter, and I've got that one. But I do remember someone else doing one recently with all kinds of tips, but can't remember who. Tried searching, to no avail:confused:
ahhh maybe that's the one i'm thinking of. :D dur. my memory isn't that great.

Springo Jul 20th 2004 11:08 am

Bundy

Try this thread by yafm

Titled - hope this is helpful

Sorry don't know how to link you to it

Julia

bundy Jul 20th 2004 11:12 am

You star! That's the thread I was looking for!!!! Yay!

bundy Jul 20th 2004 12:34 pm

Any other tips for Loose?

tiredwithtwins Jul 20th 2004 1:03 pm

yeah........for every item he ticks off his list, have himself a LARGE G & T........:D

S Oldfield Jul 20th 2004 1:05 pm

You can tell Loose is a male and not a female. Us girlies would never be so unorganised!!!!!!!!!!

Springo Jul 20th 2004 1:06 pm

Bundy

I think Mlbonner did one recently as well

Try a search on her name

Julia

Springo Jul 20th 2004 1:09 pm

Bundy it was this one

Useful info for pre & post visa people!

Towards the end of the post it is for people before they go

Julia

ianj Jul 20th 2004 5:53 pm

My tip for Loose is "Dont lose the stuff that some people send you (namely me)".

Loose you're a card.

Bundy...tell him I said hello.....in fact get him to txt me and let me know if he needs out. My removals are coming on Thursday and so I have pretty much done everything that was on my list.

I J

dazandreb Jul 21st 2004 5:45 pm

Tell him to get his arse into gear thats what.

Larissa Jul 21st 2004 6:19 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Make sure he buys Kylie a lovely prezzie, keep it in hand luggage ;)
I will include my to-do-list, but it is a bit OTT admittedly, plus some of it is female/mother orientated lol... (It's clobbered together from a few lists, check Carrianne's three part thread... think it is called all the info you need? )

moneypenny20 Jul 21st 2004 7:11 pm

Re: Any advice for Loose?

Tell him to chill. If it don't happen, it don't happen, not the end of the world. Oh forgot, he's a guy - he's doing that anyway.

Send him all the best.:D