Any advice?

Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:34 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default Any advice?

I am very bored at work.

I am in the office with only one other person today and we are both of the ‘waiting to talk’ type when having a conversation i.e.- neither of us really listen to what the other is saying as what we have to say is far more interesting... (she is currently writing her Xmas cards).

I can’t get motivated to do anything work related and have had my morning allowance of two chocolate biscuits.

My internet usage is through the roof, I am awaiting the call from IT or HR, and the wonderful victorian south facing windows are only showing grey.

What can I do?
How do I relieve the pain?
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:38 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any advice?

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
I am very bored at work.

I am in the office with only one other person today and we are both of the ‘waiting to talk’ type when having a conversation i.e.- neither of us really listen to what the other is saying as what we have to say is far more interesting... (she is currently writing her Xmas cards).

I can’t get motivated to do anything work related and have had my morning allowance of two chocolate biscuits.

My internet usage is through the roof, I am awaiting the call from IT or HR, and the wonderful victorian south facing windows are only showing grey.

What can I do?
How do I relieve the pain?

Just have to wait like the rest of us ....
im struggling too
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Write your Xmas cards!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

I am also very bored !!!! why not surf the net for holidays ( i do this all the time- I dont actually get to go on them most of the time but its fun anyway) or maybe search the oz website for furniture and mentally decorate your new oz home (it doesnt matter that you wont have this home for ages,thats not the point)

Other work colleagues here who are also bored seem to find websites where you can play games- they are quite fun- or simply stare into space and dream of your new life !!!!!!

Enjoy !!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:45 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by natty
I am also very bored !!!! why not surf the net for holidays ( i do this all the time- I dont actually get to go on them most of the time but its fun anyway) or maybe search the oz website for furniture and mentally decorate your new oz home (it doesnt matter that you wont have this home for ages,thats not the point)

Other work colleagues here who are also bored seem to find websites where you can play games- they are quite fun- or simply stare into space and dream of your new life !!!!!!

Enjoy !!!!!
Although excellent ideas... this is why my internet usage is through the roof. I do most of these most of the time anyway.

As to writing Xmas cards- 'er indoors does that and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:55 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
Although excellent ideas... this is why my internet usage is through the roof. I do most of these most of the time anyway.

As to writing Xmas cards- 'er indoors does that and I wouldn't have it any other way.
why not download a game on to your PC that way your internet access can go down abit ....

www.miniclip.com does this i think
Old Dec 1st 2004, 12:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
why not download a game on to your PC that way your internet access can go down abit ....

www.miniclip.com does this i think
My mate is out Xmas shopping in foggy Sussex, and has sent me a pic of the latest Microsoft Simulator.....my first thought is WHY!!!! As anyone who knows the Brighton to Portsmouth railway will be able to confirm, it has to be one of the most tedious lines in the country.......anyone else out there that can recite Btn-Hove-Aldrington-Portslade-Fishersgate etc etc all the way to Portsmouth.........Load it on your pc, hours of slam-door train fun!
Attached Thumbnails Any advice?-microsoft-trains.jpg  
Old Dec 1st 2004, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My mate is out Xmas shopping in foggy Sussex, and has sent me a pic of the latest Microsoft Simulator.....my first thought is WHY!!!! As anyone who knows the Brighton to Portsmouth railway will be able to confirm, it has to be one of the most tedious lines in the country.......anyone else out there that can recite Btn-Hove-Aldrington-Portslade-Fishersgate etc etc all the way to Portsmouth.........Load it on your pc, hours of slam-door train fun!
Could be worse, could be next to this guy ...
Attached Thumbnails Any advice?-commuting_jpg.jpg  
Old Dec 1st 2004, 12:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

How about this: Pick up a clipboard, put some printed papers on it (anything will do. You've probably got a big pile of memos on your desk from IT or HR - they'll do). Don a long white coat (if you can get your hands on one). Wander around the office silently, watching people at work. Every now and then, look at your watch, harumph and write something down. Then move on to the next desk. Occasionally, look under someone's desk and shake your head before writing something else down. If anyone asks what you're up to, put your finger to your lips and shush them, before wandering off and testing the door handles are fitted tightly.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 1:04 pm
ピーター及びクレア

Originally Posted by wmoore
How about this: Pick up a clipboard, put some printed papers on it (anything will do. You've probably got a big pile of memos on your desk from IT or HR - they'll do). Don a long white coat (if you can get your hands on one). Wander around the office silently, watching people at work. Every now and then, look at your watch, harumph and write something down. Then move on to the next desk. Occasionally, look under someone's desk and shake your head before writing something else down. If anyone asks what you're up to, put your finger to your lips and shush them, before wandering off and testing the door handles are fitted tightly.
I tried this one.

She accused me of trying to steal her Xmas cards.

We have been having an in-depth 'conversation' for the last 16 mins... she can be very intense.