Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anxiety Attack - bloody waiting game!

Anxiety Attack - bloody waiting game!

Old May 16th 2003, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all
Red face Anxiety Attack - bloody waiting game!

Oooooh I am so fed up with this waiting game, it's doing my head in!

We wait with eager anticipation for the postie to arrive and when he doesn't 'deliver' it practically throws me into a panic attack. I have never ever felt this unsettled.

I don't know about everyone else but I feel like I'm in limbo. I can't seem to move forward, not until I know what I'm moving forward to!

The house is on the market but not sure if it should be! We've handed practically all our savings over towards the $100,000, we've told all the friends and family, hubby is in the process of tying up his business, the kids have eventually come around to the idea of moving to oz and are really excited, all that family and friends seem able to talk about is Oz and how much they'll miss us. Bloody hell, if we don't get a visa it will probably ruin us! Our savings will be tied up for a year, we'll be homeless, the kids will be upset and disappointed, our friends and family will never want to talk to us again, we'll feel like complete failures!

Right I'm off, I'm sure I 've got a box of ciggis behind the kitchen cupboard somewhere?
Old May 16th 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry no words of wisdom. Limbo is a words we are all used to. If they have asked for the bond surely you are in? You just need the postie to give you the magic envelope.

Anyway keep the faith.

footie chick
Old May 16th 2003, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anxiety Attack - bloody waiting game!

Originally posted by PADDAD
Oooooh I am so fed up with this waiting game, it's doing my head in!

We wait with eager anticipation for the postie to arrive and when he doesn't 'deliver' it practically throws me into a panic attack. I have never ever felt this unsettled.

I don't know about everyone else but I feel like I'm in limbo. I can't seem to move forward, not until I know what I'm moving forward to!

The house is on the market but not sure if it should be! We've handed practically all our savings over towards the $100,000, we've told all the friends and family, hubby is in the process of tying up his business, the kids have eventually come around to the idea of moving to oz and are really excited, all that family and friends seem able to talk about is Oz and how much they'll miss us. Bloody hell, if we don't get a visa it will probably ruin us! Our savings will be tied up for a year, we'll be homeless, the kids will be upset and disappointed, our friends and family will never want to talk to us again, we'll feel like complete failures!

Right I'm off, I'm sure I 've got a box of ciggis behind the kitchen cupboard somewhere?

Hi Di

I know that it is very difficult for you but we are all in the same boat. Some applications are processed more quickly than others and it does not always seem fair. However there is nothing we can do about this.

The best thing is to try and stay cool and just keep positive. There is no point in making yourself ill over this. As you are aware, ASPC seems to have stepped up a couple of gears over the last month and hopefully they will continue to do so at least until 30.6.03 so there is still time.

Life is a game and we are all being tested. It drives everyone mad but nearly all of us cross the finish line.........

Chin up and get the wine poured out

Best of luck to you and your family.
Old May 16th 2003, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

If they have asked for the bond surely you are in? You just need the postie to give you the magic envelope.

Anyway keep the faith.

footie chick [/QUOTE]

Hi footie chick

You would think we were in wouldn't you? However, I've just reread the bit where you sign and agree on the immigration form for the bond i.e. paragraph 7 and it reads "I understand that the amount invested bla bla bla will be held for 12 months regardless of the outcome of my migration application". Basically feel like I'm buggered if I do and buggered if I don't.

I know I'm not alone and we're all in the same boat but I'm a bit of a weakling so please forgive me for being such an emotional wreck altho I have to say I'm starting to feel a little lighter about it all, probably just needed to get it off my chest. Can't find the ciggies anyway.
Old May 16th 2003, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi PADDAD!

I know the 'Limbo life' is unbearable at times, but 'chin up' and all that stuff! I hated that feeling that 'my life' and fate was in someone elses hands!! but really!, you will come to realise that all those times of worry, frustration, doubt etc! will have all been worth it once you actually get here!!

I hope its not long till you get your mitts on that 'Beautiful Yellow envelope'!!

Good luck!
Old May 16th 2003, 11:25 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in exactly the same situation when we posted our bond. As soon as Adelaide received the confirmation of our bond being posted, they sent the letter granting our PR. It only took about a week and a half so hang on in there!

It's the very last thing they ask for and everything else is obviously ok or they wouldn't have requested it.

Not long now.
Old May 17th 2003, 7:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paddad

We've been in Limbo land for nearly 18 months and i have gone from being a fairly chilled person to a totally obsessive one in that time!
I am self employed and to trying and remain enthusiastic with clients on a one to one level is really difficult, however ironically enough they sometimes keep me going!
I've got a packet somewhere if you want one!
Old May 17th 2003, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Diana,

I now feel like this, previusly I did then resigned myself to the fact that our visa application was going to go on till Feb next year. What has stressed me out is it shockingly arriving months too soon, we had just decided to try for children and plan the next 18 months of our lives as we where only hoping to be goin in Oct 04.

When we recieved the requested for Meds just 8 weeks after my plans where up in the air, I started stressing about everything. I am a pretty laid back person but this is sometimes a yo yo of emotion. I need to be in control and it's horrible not being.It's teh not knowing.

Limbo won't last our plans have changed keep your spirirts up and no doubt it will turn up from the postie the day you lie in or forget.

Luv Carrianne x
Old May 17th 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Everyone
The encouragement was like manna from heaven! Feeling a lot better today. I should probably try to be a bit more positive AND patient and remember that being in limboland is all part of the process.
I think you're all great and for those of you who haven't already got your visas I hope they come very quickly.

Cheers xxx
Old May 17th 2003, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

You too Diana x
Old May 17th 2003, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett

i have gone from being a fairly chilled person to a totally obsessive one in that time!
couldnt agree with ya more mate !
Old May 18th 2003, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Di,

I feel just the same at the moment. Infact this week has been my worst. One minute I can't wait, then the next I am panicking about giving everything up here, and wondering whether we will have enough money to survive out there to get a business going and buy a home. What if it all goes wrong, and on and on and on.
All I need is the all clear, and my worries will go again, and we will get on with it. Theres just too much time on our hands waiting and waiting.
It will all be over for us soon, and we won't have time to think.
We must keep our chins up, it will be worth it in the end, and if they don't give us our visas, we will just have to get on with it here (shudder, the thought).
Good luck to you
Sue
Old May 18th 2003, 9:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by terryg
couldnt agree with ya more mate !

Cheers mate
Old May 18th 2003, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by suzanne crabtre
Dear Di,

I feel just the same at the moment. Infact this week has been my worst. One minute I can't wait, then the next I am panicking about giving everything up here, and wondering whether we will have enough money to survive out there to get a business going and buy a home. What if it all goes wrong, and on and on and on.
All I need is the all clear, and my worries will go again, and we will get on with it. Theres just too much time on our hands waiting and waiting.
It will all be over for us soon, and we won't have time to think.
We must keep our chins up, it will be worth it in the end, and if they don't give us our visas, we will just have to get on with it here (shudder, the thought).
Good luck to you
Sue
Thanks Suzanne
I know a few people who've been feeling low this week and I think the UK weather has a lot to answer for!

You're right it will be over at some point and I imagine that somebody on this forum will get a visa/s this week, IT COULD BE YOU....

Good luck and hope this week sees an improvement in spirits for all of us.