Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anti-Mosquito spray

Anti-Mosquito spray

Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:29 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anti-Mosquito spray

Originally Posted by nadders
Wow, the watch thing sounds very cool. Could make good Xmas gifts too. Thanks!
They don't like Thiamine which is one of the B vitamins. You can get thiamine patches I believe now...

Take vitamin B complex every day should help...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Ok, so to ask a daft question where do you get the Avon stuff in OZ cant find a website for it!:curse:
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Ok, so to ask a daft question where do you get the Avon stuff in OZ cant find a website for it!:curse:
Hi Tillysmum,

Can't help as to where you would get it from in Australie, but I had heard from various threads that Avon dry oil spray (original) works wonders, so I have just bought 12 bottles for 6 of us, from our local avon lady, for when we fly over on the 27th November. I thought she would have thought I was mad, but said straight away "is it for Mosquitos"
I didn't want to tempt fate and take a chance going over without it.
Husband thinks I was barmy buying all that lot (well it was a buy one, get one free offer) Have said he could be our guinny Pig, and be the only one not trying it, to see if he gets bitten.

Hope you find somewhere to buy it.
Carole
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dicko
We have started using "Bushman" you can get it from most camping or fishing shops, it is a bit more expensive than Aeroguard but worth it you can get it with 20% or 40% or even 80 % deet, in either aerosol or cream
We use this product too and it deffinately works. Someone also told me if you eat marmite or vegimite this is suppose to help. Not sure if they were pulling my leg but i eat the stuff anyway.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:11 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinelaurie

Someone also told me if you eat marmite or vegimite this is suppose to help. Not sure if they were pulling my leg but i eat the stuff anyway.
yes that is right because its full of Vitamin B, you need to eat it everyday though as vitamin B only stays in your system for a short while.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith
Hi Tillysmum,

Can't help as to where you would get it from in Australie, but I had heard from various threads that Avon dry oil spray (original) works wonders, so I have just bought 12 bottles for 6 of us, from our local avon lady, for when we fly over on the 27th November. I thought she would have thought I was mad, but said straight away "is it for Mosquitos"
I didn't want to tempt fate and take a chance going over without it.
Husband thinks I was barmy buying all that lot (well it was a buy one, get one free offer) Have said he could be our guinny Pig, and be the only one not trying it, to see if he gets bitten.

Hope you find somewhere to buy it.
Carole

Hi Carole

Hope you arrived OK and had a wonderful Christmas down under. Hope you don't mind my asking but how are you finding the Avon Spray? I have had a look at the Avon Web and it is Buy one get one free, so if it has worked will buy some now, even though we aren't due out until March. Mozzies love me and I mean love, I get bitten where ever we go and badly

Have a great New Year
Tracy
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Hi, I happen to be an avon lady in my spare time (don't have much of it mind!!) so if you're really stuck then PM me and i'll try and get hold of some to send out to you
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

I'm sure that Avon are over here. Don't know how you go about getting hold of it though. I have a vague recollection of hearing that someone at my job was having an Avon party ages ago. I remember being suprised at them reaching as far as Oz. Goodluck in your hunt.
I get very bad reactions to mossie and sandfly bites. I have got cellulitis from the buggers. I take the Thiamine tabs, sometimes I think it's working and then suddenly I get a bad reaction out of the blue. I also find that it's not only at dusk and dawn that they bite. They seem to have no rules anymore. I am currently using the role on Rid. Just means I'm not breathing in fumes from the aerosol and it is generally more people friendly and doesn't stink so much and most importantly it works.
Good luck
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:49 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We've tried all types of repellent, we currently have a couple of Rid roll ons a spray bottle of Off an Aeroguard spray on and a mixture Deb made up from Dettol, Baby Oil & something else? All of which are now for guests that don't bring their own yet prefer one type or another.
None of which can hold a candle to Bushmans 80% deet it's by far the best available costs about 18 bucks for a large spray. It's the only one that deters the sandflies effectively. I keep a can in the boat & another in the car.Highly recommend it