Anti-Irish

Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anti-Irish

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
[QUOTE
its all bout attitude

I'm from Galway and also lived in England for 10 years. Never once had any problem - except for the usual messing from friends... Been here 19 months and was quite conscious of my accent initially, but found that the Aussie's love it and want to know where you're from, etc.

Oh, and I'm married to a pom... Michelle[/QUOTE]

How are you getting on Michelle? Our count down has started... Leaving Galway on December 9th

Last edited by gidxg03; Oct 15th 2007 at 3:40 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy

I'm from Galway and also lived in England for 10 years. Never once had any problem - except for the usual messing from friends... Been here 19 months and was quite conscious of my accent initially, but found that the Aussie's love it and want to know where you're from, etc.

Oh, and I'm married to a pom... Michelle
you dont have a problem because noone would talk to you anyway

i find the Irish are very well liked here. and for some reason the Scots and the Irish are like family.
when i bump into someone Irish, its like meeting someone you have known for ages lol
[/QUOTE]

You could do a lot of damage bumping into someone, irish or not big lad
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

aussies generaly like the irish.just as they like others.....but they love them on st paddys day...~

however...dont' matter if you are irish..english...or whatever....people in australia are just like everywhere else...live yourself as a decent kind of person..and you will be well liked and accepted...
Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
aussies generaly like the irish.just as they like others.....but they love them on st paddys day...~

however...dont' matter if you are irish..english...or whatever....people in australia are just like everywhere else...live yourself as a decent kind of person..and you will be well liked and accepted...
I dont think theres a problem....unless you make it one....

as an englishman, dont see me going around making a point of it...
Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:03 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf

well said and i agree
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by on a mission
I dont think theres a problem....unless you make it one....

as an englishman, dont see me going around making a point of it...
yep that is right!........in my experience with my australian friends and family etc.....there is no judgement on an individual based on their race. it is all to do with how they are personaly regardless of which country they are from or born in.......

in my family alone.i have a

brother in law who is Japanese

a half sister and brother who are philipino

a step mother who is Native American Indian

a half sister who is australian aboriginal

and i have a Canadian husband and step children

and my first ancestors arrived in Australia from Scotland and England in the mid 1800s, they were amongst the very first free settlers...

my father jokes at times and says.....we have our own united nations happening!!!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Baby75
well said and i agree
good on ya!!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:10 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ireland

Originally Posted by soapy
trust you to start some trouble ya W@*&£R
I haven't even started on the Scots yet
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:55 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
I haven't even started on the Scots yet
............or the Geordies !
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

I do love the way David Coutald and Andy murray behave,

thats so typical of the need for identity due to inadequacy of accepting who they are.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:30 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
............or the Geordies !
Geordies first English second
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gidxg03

Oh, and I'm married to a pom... Michelle

How are you getting on Michelle? Our count down has started... Leaving Galway on December 9th [/QUOTE]

Great thanks. Hoping our house build will be finished by Christmas... Best of luck with the move and hope Melbourne and your new life is everything you wish for... Michelle xxx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
[/I]

How are you getting on Michelle? Our count down has started... Leaving Galway on December 9th
Great thanks. Hoping our house build will be finished by Christmas... Best of luck with the move and hope Melbourne and your new life is everything you wish for... Michelle xxx[/QUOTE]

Thanks Michelle. Job front looks good. I applied for 33 jobs today

Good luck with the house build.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:58 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treacy
Hi all,

How are the Irish perceived in Australia in general and Queensland in particular.

I notice on this site some postings about how English people have come up against some levels of abuse.

Thanks

Aussies arent racist to the Irish.

They are racist to everyone equally

but all in good fun, and have never witnessed nastyness
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

The Aussies love the Irish, much more than the poms do to be sure

I can say that being a pom married to an Irishman and living in Australia