Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another "where can I get?" question

Another "where can I get?" question

Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:09 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another "where can I get?" question

Sorry - it's only a small thing, but I've been looking for a vegetable scrubbing brush since we came to Oz and I cannot find one anywhere.

Veggie brushes are a bit different to ordinary scrubbing brushes as they have a stippled side on the reverse for tough-skinned veg, and a pointed end to remove eyes from spuds.

I can't understand why I can't find one - can anyone suggest somewhere I can try?

And if anyone has suggestions for somewhere that sells good microfibre cloths, I'd appreciate that too. Something else that's proving hard to find. I can get microfibre cloths here, but the quality of the ones I've found is crap.

Sue
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

LauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really nice
Default Re: Another "where can I get?" question

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Sorry - it's only a small thing, but I've been looking for a vegetable scrubbing brush since we came to Oz and I cannot find one anywhere.

Veggie brushes are a bit different to ordinary scrubbing brushes as they have a stippled side on the reverse for tough-skinned veg, and a pointed end to remove eyes from spuds.

I can't understand why I can't find one - can anyone suggest somewhere I can try?

And if anyone has suggestions for somewhere that sells good microfibre cloths, I'd appreciate that too. Something else that's proving hard to find. I can get microfibre cloths here, but the quality of the ones I've found is crap.

Sue
This any good? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Chefs-Collect...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:40 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Sue
Why would ya want to scrub your veggies when theyre gonna get a hot soak in the tub anyway ?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:07 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Microfibre cloths you can find at Bunnings for def... i'd go with Laura on the spud cleaning hubby does that sort of thing... .
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Why would ya want to scrub your veggies when theyre gonna get a hot soak in the tub anyway ?
Root veggies tend to come with a fair bit of dirt still attached, and it's just a lot quicker to chuck 'em under the tap and scrub 'em. Baking potatoes in particular are the things I miss my brush for the most...

Sue
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
Microfibre cloths you can find at Bunnings for def... i'd go with Laura on the spud cleaning hubby does that sort of thing... .
Thanks on the cloths, but I've made a lifelong vow to myself to avoid e-bay like the plague....
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:36 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Root veggies tend to come with a fair bit of dirt still attached, and it's just a lot quicker to chuck 'em under the tap and scrub 'em. Baking potatoes in particular are the things I miss my brush for the most...

Sue
Personaly I use my hands to get the dirt off spuds and dig the eyes out with my thumbnail.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Personaly I use my hands to get the dirt off spuds and dig the eyes out with my thumbnail.
Why do you dig the eyes out Does it make a difference to the tattie?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

The_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the roughThe_Stockwells is a jewel in the rough

Sue
I'd ask someone in the UK very nicely, to send you one!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why do you dig the eyes out Does it make a difference to the tattie?
I just dont like the way they stare at me, sends shivers down my spine :scared:
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont like the way they stare at me, sends shivers down my spine :scared:
Fair enough
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by The_Stockwells
I'd ask someone in the UK very nicely, to send you one!
Think I may.... But it's funny the little things that you take for granted and can't find here. I had a dreadful job finding a plastic washing up bowl that was big enough to do the job, but small enough to fit in the sink and now I can't find any yellow cotton dusters either....
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road

If you are in Perth try Kitchen Witch in Joondalup for the veggie scrubbing brush.

Bunnings should have the dusters.

Good luck

Denise

Sue
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:59 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

I think the shop's called Robins Kitchen or something similar in Brisbane. In the same mall where Harvey Normans electrical shop is. Not much use to you if you're not in Brisbane of course.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I think the shop's called Robins Kitchen or something similar in Brisbane. In the same mall where Harvey Normans electrical shop is. Not much use to you if you're not in Brisbane of course.
No, but may well be helpful to someone else. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.