Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another 'Thread Closed'.. for goodness sake!

Another 'Thread Closed'.. for goodness sake!

Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:11 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Another 'Thread Closed'.. for goodness sake!

Here we go again...another thread has been closed due to 'heated' discussion One on here, and another on the moving back pages.

Remember...what one person loves, another hates.

We have to look at others situations and respect why some people don't want to stay in the country they emmigrated to.

People who move back home also have to appreciate the obsession and need (we know what its like because we've done it) to get to places that seem to them like paradise...OZ, Canada, New Zealand etc etc etc.

Where ever you are going and where ever you have been, give that person some respect and listen to their stories on here without prejudice.

We all want to share with others our experiences of life in another country, if you dont like what you hear move on to another thread.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another 'Thread Closed'.. for goodness sake!

Originally Posted by janeyray
Here we go again...another thread has been closed due to 'heated' discussion One on here, and another on the moving back pages.

Remember...what one person loves, another hates.

We have to look at others situations and respect why some people don't want to stay in the country they emmigrated to.

People who move back home also have to appreciate the obsession and need (we know what its like because we've done it) to get to places that seem to them like paradise...OZ, Canada, New Zealand etc etc etc.

Where ever you are going and where ever you have been, give that person some respect and listen to their stories on here without prejudice.

We all want to share with others our experiences of life in another country, if you dont like what you hear move on to another thread.
Hi Janey, the reason for me signing up to this particular BBS, was a post of yours way back.

Anyway, I concur totally with the views in your very well written and thought out post.

I've just spent 7 weeks here in England and wales, and had a throughly good time, Much better than when i lived here as a everyday worker, and much better than when I last came for a holiday back in 87.

The quaint lanes and lovely buildings I appreciated when I first came, started to give way to frustration, as the congestion on the narrow roads, caused by such old infrasctructure started to affect my getting around. Not to mention huge queues of traffic, on the M25, M1 and M6 around Stoke.

I repeat I've really enjoyed this visit, been a bit squeezed, in my relations comparatively small houses, but the hospitality has more than made up for that.

But hell I cannot wait to get back, to the non utopian, but very much easier life next week,

Also looking forwards, to getting value for money when eating out, but thats another story. 26 quid for 4 for a curry is right over the top, thats once every 3 weeks capacity rather than weekly like in aus eh

Yours in Prestatyn

Eddie C