Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And another thing..........

And another thing..........

Old May 26th 2004, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default And another thing..........

Phoned the `work experiance` girl at the estate agents for any feedback regarding last nights viewing. Ooooohhh, she said they really, really loved it, really really wanted it.
Only trouble is, she says, they are not in a postion to put in an offer as they have not sold their property.
too say the air was blue is an understatment. Think I scared the living daylights out of her.

Got another viewing 2 nite.............they better not sod me about again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 26th 2004, 1:52 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: And another thing..........

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Phoned the `work experiance` girl at the estate agents for any feedback regarding last nights viewing. Ooooohhh, she said they really, really loved it, really really wanted it.
Only trouble is, she says, they are not in a postion to put in an offer as they have not sold their property.
too say the air was blue is an understatment. Think I scared the living daylights out of her.

Got another viewing 2 nite.............they better not sod me about again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pisses u off when that happens dont it..........Good Luck for tonite
Old May 26th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

...dead right there...........why bloody send them round. We have to get in from work early, get rid of the teenagers ....and then get mucked about!!!
Old May 26th 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

NealMartin will become famous soon enough

Do you think the estate agents in Oz are any more clued up than those here? Can't be any worse surely.

Best of luck
Old May 26th 2004, 2:26 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by S Oldfield Ooooohhh, she said they really, really loved it, really really wanted it.
I understand why you're p***ed off but from their point of view they probably saw the details of what was a lovely property (and I'm sure it is), thought "that's worth a look" and came along. If their house is on the market, I don't see why they shouldn't do that whether they've got a buyer or not. If everyone waited then house-selling/buying would be an even more unbelievably long-winded process that it is already!

Mind you OTOH I don't see why the lack of a buyer should stop them from putting in an offer in the first place, as long as you know what their position is.
Old May 26th 2004, 2:38 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

I had one viewing and afterwards found out they hadn't even got their own house on the market! I spent ages like you cleaning and arrange for someone to have the kids etc only to be told that! Then the cheek of the woman thought the house was far to expensive for what it is!

This was last year and very shortly afterwards we took it off the market with those agents. This time I will use a different agent and I'll be banning them from sending anyone round who hasn't sold their own house.

I hope this viewing goes better for you tonight.

Sasha
Old May 26th 2004, 3:55 pm
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by snappy
I had one viewing and afterwards found out they hadn't even got their own house on the market! I spent ages like you cleaning and arrange for someone to have the kids etc only to be told that!
We rather liked the Oz system of Open House. The seller books an hour or so's slot on a particular day (usually at the weekend) with the agent, then all interested parties have to turn up during that time. Of course individuals may book separate viewings later but at least you get the tyre-kickers (skirting-board-kickers?!) out of the way first.
Old May 26th 2004, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good luck for tonight !

Had you specified to them that you were looking for a buyer with no chain ?
Old May 26th 2004, 6:09 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

We've just had a viewing. I let my hubby do it and I was with the kids keeping them entertained. Unfortunately have not got the option of sending them to McDs as they are 2 and 3.
Good viewing, but we've had them before with no result. We shall see what tomorrow brings!!
Old May 26th 2004, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Mind you OTOH I don't see why the lack of a buyer should stop them from putting in an offer in the first place, as long as you know what their position is. [/QUOTE]

Yeah right,
We accept their offer.....and they dont get abuyer for at least 3 months.
Not a good idea!!
Old May 26th 2004, 9:57 pm
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Yeah right,
We accept their offer.....and they dont get abuyer for at least 3 months.
Not a good idea!!
Nononono, that's not the way it works. Make the stupid system work for you... you accept the offer *conditional* on their getting a buyer and you make it damned plain that in the mean time if you get a more enticing offer then that one wins.
Old May 26th 2004, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

We're about to start marketing ours ourselves, just 1 more room to finish. Has anyone else tried this or is it just wishful thinking that we can do the job of an "experienced" estate agent?

Lindsey

P.s good luck with tonights viewing.
Old May 27th 2004, 8:51 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by lindseyden
We're about to start marketing ours ourselves, just 1 more room to finish. Has anyone else tried this or is it just wishful thinking that we can do the job of an "experienced" estate agent?
As with so many things it's easier but more expensive to let someone else do it. Like e.g. using an emigration agent. Ask yourselves if you have enough spare time and energy to devote to it. But also ask yourselves if you have the budget to pay someone else!
Old May 27th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Lindsey

You could try marketing it on the internet at little cost to start with and see how it goes. Never know, you may get lucky.

Suppose it depends on how quickly you want to sell.
Old May 27th 2004, 9:40 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsey

Depends on how much time and effort you can devote to marketing your property and how fast you need to sell.

If time is on your side then it might be worthwhile giving it a go yourselves.

Sandra,
god luck with your viewings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.