Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Spouse Visa Query...

Another Spouse Visa Query...

Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice
Default Another Spouse Visa Query...

Hi Folks,

Why do I tie myself in knots about this? Anyway....

I am finalising my gathering of documents etc. in the hope of getting it in before Christmas. My wife and I filled in our 40SP and 47SP forms online, which generates a pdf file for printing off and including in the application. Fine says I, as I type better then I write generally, or rather, I make less mistakes. Only, I was looking over the blank version of the same forms today, and I feel there are a lot more questions asked/information required in the "fill in by hand" version. For example, in the online version it asked if I had previous permission to work in Aus (I did, first on the holiday visa, then on a 457 visa a number of years ago) and the dates during which I had permission to work. However, "fill in by hand" version asks the same question, but you have to add more detail, such as actual visa numbers etc etc.

I guess my question is: Has anyone (successfully) used the online filled in forms, or by making it a bit easier for myself now, will there be a heap of correspondence between us and the Embassy to get additional information? (By success, I mean got the visa!).

Thanking you most kindly all in advance!

D.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another Spouse Visa Query...

For my previous visas in this area, I put in the approximate dates travelled rather than the visa numbers... I didn't have them all.... Some were from prior holidays. I did have the working visa number though. You can be approximate and if you can't remember, tell them. They've got your name, they've got the year and month you were there, you should be fine.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
For my previous visas in this area, I put in the approximate dates travelled rather than the visa numbers... I didn't have them all.... Some were from prior holidays. I did have the working visa number though. You can be approximate and if you can't remember, tell them. They've got your name, they've got the year and month you were there, you should be fine.
Thanks iPom,

I just find it bizarre that the online form doesn't even ask for the visa numbers!
BUt you are right though, I just take it easy.... The form is filled in, if they want more info, they can have it, to fill in the whole form by hand now would kill me!

In real life, I'm pretty chilled most of the time. In "visa application world", I am just a little bit twitchy, heh heh.

Cheers,

D.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by daraghm
Thanks iPom,

I just find it bizarre that the online form doesn't even ask for the visa numbers!
BUt you are right though, I just take it easy.... The form is filled in, if they want more info, they can have it, to fill in the whole form by hand now would kill me!

In real life, I'm pretty chilled most of the time. In "visa application world", I am just a little bit twitchy, heh heh.

Cheers,

D.
I was twitchy too... don't worry... it wears off when you're sitting on the plane.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks iPom,

Cheers,

D.
You're in the same situ we were in exactly 2 years ago. We ended up going to too many Christmas parties and didn't get the app in till after Christmas. We'd spent so much time getting it all together. A real anti climax when Matt was granted his spouse visa 2 days later!

Fill out the form with the less questions!
Good luck, see you on the other side.

J.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 1:33 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We filled in the hard copy but didn't have visa numbers so just wrote dates. With your passport details they can see what visa's you have had before anyway. Most of my OH's visas were electronic anyway so we didn't have a clue as to the numbers.

My OH's visa was granted after nearly 2 months due to the fact that he needed an OZ Police clearance as he had spent over 12 months in total in OZ (on work visa and holidays).

All the best to you
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
We filled in the hard copy but didn't have visa numbers so just wrote dates. With your passport details they can see what visa's you have had before anyway. Most of my OH's visas were electronic anyway so we didn't have a clue as to the numbers.

My OH's visa was granted after nearly 2 months due to the fact that he needed an OZ Police clearance as he had spent over 12 months in total in OZ (on work visa and holidays).

All the best to you

I had done over 12 months in Aus on work visa and hols too, but no-one told me I needed an Aus police clearance. I put the papers in without it and it came back two days later. No-one asked me for another police check...
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:32 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I had done over 12 months in Aus on work visa and hols too, but no-one told me I needed an Aus police clearance. I put the papers in without it and it came back two days later. No-one asked me for another police check...
hmmm how odd! Obviously we had a jobs worth of a CO!
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
hmmm how odd! Obviously we had a jobs worth of a CO!

Yeah, I only managed a 126 room hotel. Probably nothing really.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:48 am
Back in OZ!

Yeah, I only managed a 126 room hotel. Probably nothing really.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Obviously had an honest face.......
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Obviously had an honest face.......
yup, that's me.