Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another spider story

Another spider story

Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another spider story

Sitting in my office the other day and one of the Echo Techs came in with a jar, thrust it under my nose and said, 'any idea what this is' I thought you have lived here for 22 years me 18 months what do you think. Anyway someone said funnel web so we looked on the internet and sure enough it was the deadlier male version with barbs on its leg. It did look on its last legs though as a prod with a pencil never amounted to much.

Anyway she said oh that was lucky, I got up this morning went to put on my bra and it was in there :scared: she was very lucky as it was a black bra too. Well we decided that in the interests of saving lives it was off to the local vets who is also a collection centre for the 'Australian reptile Park' up the road. It takes 40 milks to make one anti venom and the average person needs 7 shots so thats 280 milks to save one person.

Jo
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another spider story

Originally Posted by joho
Sitting in my office the other day and one of the Echo Techs came in with a jar, thrust it under my nose and said, 'any idea what this is' I thought you have lived here for 22 years me 18 months what do you think. Anyway someone said funnel web so we looked on the internet and sure enough it was the deadlier male version with barbs on its leg. It did look on its last legs though as a prod with a pencil never amounted to much.

Anyway she said oh that was lucky, I got up this morning went to put on my bra and it was in there :scared: she was very lucky as it was a black bra too. Well we decided that in the interests of saving lives it was off to the local vets who is also a collection centre for the 'Australian reptile Park' up the road. It takes 40 milks to make one anti venom and the average person needs 7 shots so thats 280 milks to save one person.

Jo

Eek - you never can be too careful!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:22 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another spider story

Jesus!!! :scared:

Good on you for taking it to the vets