Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Shipping Question

Another Shipping Question

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:51 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Shipping Question

I'm jumping the gun a bit but we've started talking to the relocation agents and our package seems pretty comprehensive. In addition to a 20ft container load, we would be allowed to ship "the equivalent of 7 suitcases" by whatever method it takes to get it there within a week (we did this last time by DHL).

We may not have an increased checked-in luggage allowance due to coming on a 457 (although we will try it on and see what we can get by virtue of being Krisflyer Gold) so my first thought is, yaay, I can fastrack all my clothes and not an inconsiderable amount of shoes.

However, being a bit more sensible and less selfish I maybe should consider some household effects so that we may be able to get out of a serviced apartment as soon as our cats are freed, which may be before our main shipping clears customs.

Any advice on what we should consider to and can practically bring this way, apart from a blow-up mattress and a duvet? Or should we just say stuff it, we've got enough hassle and there's always Ikea?

We've been offered a week's looksee with an agent; if my husband can spare the time to go, we plan to explore localities in an effort to cut down house-hunting time once there.

TIA.