British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Another reason to shop in Target.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/another-reason-shop-target-501823/)

herrchook Dec 27th 2007 4:45 am

Another reason to shop in Target....

My Mum sent my 5yo over a gorgeous outfit for Xmas from Monsoon in the UK. When we opened it it looked familiar and it was only when I went to hang it up today I realised why.....it's exactly the same fabric as a Target outfit we bought her last month!!! Thing is, I know Mum would have spent a lot of money on the Monsoon outfit, and I haven't the heart to tell her she would have gotten in half price in Target.

We've also found about 6 other items almost identical to Next stuff in both fabric and design in Target. Let's hear it for good old Target.

Gill

Timber Floor Au Dec 27th 2007 4:56 am

Re: Another reason to shop in Target....

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5707440)
My Mum sent my 5yo over a gorgeous outfit for Xmas from Monsoon in the UK. When we opened it it looked familiar and it was only when I went to hang it up today I realised why.....it's exactly the same fabric as a Target outfit we bought her last month!!! Thing is, I know Mum would have spent a lot of money on the Monsoon outfit, and I haven't the heart to tell her she would have gotten in half price in Target.

We've also found about 6 other items almost identical to Next stuff in both fabric and design in Target. Let's hear it for good old Target.

Gill

Target is shite

Vim Fuego Dec 27th 2007 4:59 am

Gill

Target rocks!

Apart from those badly-screen-printed t-shirts with both long sleeves and short sleeves. My $25 casual shoes are still going strong nearly 3 years in. :thumbup:

moneypenny20 Dec 27th 2007 5:14 am

Target's great. It's well known for carrying the same stuff as Next (if that's what you like) but hadn't heard it had the same stuff as Monsoon (which is ok).

TiddlyPom Dec 27th 2007 6:04 am

Mmmmmmmm, Target.

Love it.

Geelong Gent Dec 27th 2007 6:50 am

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom (Post 5707610)
Mmmmmmmm, Target.

Love it.

Oh you mean Tar Gee (thats how they pronounce it too sound posh:rofl:)

..... both made in china:sneaky:

mand8002 Dec 27th 2007 8:48 am

Gill

Yeah we like Target, get most of our stuff from there and so far so good. Not much has worn out before being grown out of.

walla Dec 27th 2007 8:54 am

Target is great............. for socks.

aussietobe Dec 27th 2007 9:40 am

Gill

All the clothes from Next/Target etc come from the same factories in China.

Nerine Dec 27th 2007 10:09 am

Thanks for the tip, I love/d Monsoon so will keep an eye out.

Timber Floor Au Dec 27th 2007 10:38 am

exactly ... Targets SHITE

I was being hip.. SHIT is good im told ~ !!!

:)

Hutch Dec 27th 2007 10:47 am

Yes - renamed by people who'd ordinarily shop in posher emporiums, Targét - to justify the wonga they spend there. :D

Poppett44 Dec 27th 2007 10:48 am

Target rocks :thumbsup:

busterboy Dec 27th 2007 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Poppett44 (Post 5708400)
Target rocks :thumbsup:

I am completely on the fence with Target.....great for kids clothes, not so good for adults, great for starter home pack type stuff.

Glasgowlass Dec 27th 2007 11:01 am

Love Target:wub: