Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANOTHER reason I want out of here

ANOTHER reason I want out of here

Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ANOTHER reason I want out of here

Just sat on the M3 totally stationary for 2 hours - while they put out a fire on a poxy little camper van! How long does it take to put out a fire ffs?

Calmer now. Thankyou for listening.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:27 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANOTHER reason I want out of here

Originally Posted by marco121068
Just sat on the M3 totally stationary for 2 hours - while they put out a fire on a poxy little camper van! How long does it take to put out a fire ffs?

Weeks in Australia, no really !
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Don't stress mate!

Steve
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:53 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

lmao!!!
yeah, it just takes 2 hours to commute cos of the distance rather than the bottlenecks!!!!

glad you are calmer......i used to commute sheffield to nottingham/leicester about 10 years ago...no biggy, just when you got stuck in traffic it was a nightmare. anyhoos, the peeps i travelled with were all classical music nuts, so when we ground to a halt in the gridlock, they cranked up the volume, opened the windows, and got their conducting batons out.....I used to pmsl!!!
most people grinned, very rarely they got honked at or shouted at to shut up.....
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

pennycat will become famous soon enough

With you totally, but not me my hubby. Leaves here in the morning with a spring in his step, comes back after going no more than 20 miles round trip to work & back like a beaten man at the end of the day. M40 into London, I want to get a poster of it for him to put up in his hobby house in Perth.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Traffic has to be stopped certain distance away.
Fire Brigade has to arrive - not generally close by (cos vehicle fires never happen at junctions)
Fire Brigade have to ascertain what is on fire, what could be in vehicle, any persons trapped etc
Fire gets put out
Fire Brigade have to be 100% certain there is absolutely no liklihood it will start up again
Fire Brigade have to put everything away
Police et al have to ensure that road is not damaged
Plus many other steps taken throughout
Police can then start letting traffic through
Traffic moves slowly cos piggin rubber neckers slow down to nose at what has been going on

You might have had a long journey but at least you got to your destination safe and sound.

Signed: Wife of fire fighter who puts his life on the line daily.

Rant over.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:42 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

If only I'd known Marco I'd have come with you - always ready for an excuse to gleg at the firemen!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:43 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
If only I'd known Marco I'd have come with you - always ready for an excuse to gleg at the firemen!!
lol "gleg"
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridiej
Behave!! Do you ever stop??

Heard about the M3 on the radio and thought ouch...used to live near M3/M25 jnct and I know there's no where to go...Hope you've de-stressed over a couple of beers.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:35 pm
wombat42

Thats what happens when you cram 60 million people like sardines into a small Island around the same size as Victoria OZ's second smallest state.

Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:06 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

The Motorway into Brisbane from the Goldcoast is no different. Stuck in a traffic jam for half an hour the day coz there was a crash on the other side. Everyone was slowing down to take a look.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:18 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by diddy
The Motorway into Brisbane from the Goldcoast is no different. Stuck in a traffic jam for half an hour the day coz there was a crash on the other side. Everyone was slowing down to take a look.

True. You should also try Brisbane to the Sunny Coast any afternoon and especially Friday :scared:
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:41 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let the bad traffic in the UK be a reason for coming to Australia, If you intend to live in or near a city here like Sydney then its far worse, at least the UK has things like a decent motorway system and ring roads that work most of the time. At least most UK drivers *can* drive! Unlike the automated ignorant drones that infest the roads out here.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:33 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

My husband leaves for work at 7.15 am and gets back at 6.30 pm. Commuting is commuting is commuting.

See, if you were sensible, you'd walk to work - like I do. 20 minutes, job done. Not looking fowards to doing it in summer though!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:29 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Bush fires on the f3 close the road for days whilst the SES fly in Maccas. A thunderstorm will send Sydney's roads into gridlock for a few hours but at least the state government is putting on toll roads so I can sit there and pay for the privilige.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.