Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another reason to go????????

Another reason to go????????

Old Mar 8th 2003, 11:59 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Unhappy Another reason to go????????

Just received the Council tax note in the post. Gone up 17.5% Wages rise 2.3%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why as we are on rate G (the second one down) for a property circa£400,000 are we only ONE RATE down from the houses valued £2,500,000
At least the rates in australia will be more in keeping with the value of the property purchased.
Old Mar 8th 2003, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another reason to go????????

Originally posted by yafm
Just received the Council tax note in the post. Gone up 17.5% Wages rise 2.3%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why as we are on rate G (the second one down) for a property circa£400,000 are we only ONE RATE down from the houses valued £2,500,000
At least the rates in australia will be more in keeping with the value of the property purchased.
Yup same story here too, they really are a joke ...

As for OZ it ain't gonna any worse, that's impossible

Plus zero mortgage, yum yum, It will be nice to tell the banks where to shove it here in the UK and in OZ

Cheers,
Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Come on guys! The papers here are full of stories about people who reckon they cant afford to keep their house because the rates are so high. Please stop assuming that the same things dont happen in OZ. I'm not being rude but so much of what you are sick of there happens here too.

I do not intend to start posting lots of newspaper articles but this is just to make a point. Sunshine Coast daily article. 23% of men aged 22-44 had a wage of less than $300 a week compared to nationally 17%. Imagine paying your rates out of that! My rates are just under $1000 a half year and expect all rates on the sunshine coast to go up by 20-100% with the new valuations.

Another common misconception is the health service in OZ. Unless you pay heavily for private you will wait a very long time for anything to be done.

I often wonder what makes people think that what you hate in the UK is not an issue here, when so often it is a huge issue here too. Seems like the mind needs a better place so its comforting to just say "Oh aus wont be like that" but sadly yes it will.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Come on guys! The papers here are full of stories about people who reckon they cant afford to keep their house because the rates are so high. Please stop assuming that the same things dont happen in OZ. I'm not being rude but so much of what you are sick of there happens here too.

I do not intend to start posting lots of newspaper articles but this is just to make a point. Sunshine Coast daily article. 23% of men aged 22-44 had a wage of less than $300 a week compared to nationally 17%. Imagine paying your rates out of that! My rates are just under $1000 a half year and expect all rates on the sunshine coast to go up by 20-100% with the new valuations.

Another common misconception is the health service in OZ. Unless you pay heavily for private you will wait a very long time for anything to be done.

I often wonder what makes people think that what you hate in the UK is not an issue here, when so often it is a huge issue here too. Seems like the mind needs a better place so its comforting to just say "Oh aus wont be like that" but sadly yes it will.

Come on guys! The papers here are full of stories about people who reckon they cant afford to keep their house because the rates are so high.

Hello,

Thing is most of us Pommies coming over will have zilch mortgage and the same again in savings, this is because of the silly house prices in the UK This has got to be better for us ... hope the interest rates go up and up in OZ,

So the above equals Part Time Work,

P.S. my rates are 1377.00 rubber pounds per annum

Cheers,
Old Mar 9th 2003, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Scooby!

How stressfull can rates really be when you are stuck with a mortgage of almost 1,000 per month here which will be zero there! I know which I'd rather!!

Dawn

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Come on guys! The papers here are full of stories about people who reckon they cant afford to keep their house because the rates are so high.

Hello,

Thing is most of us Pommies coming over will have zilch mortgage and the same again in savings, this is because of the silly house prices in the UK This has got to be better for us ... hope the interest rates go up and up in OZ,

So the above equals Part Time Work,

P.S. my rates are 1377.00 rubber pounds per annum

Cheers,