Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another question just for the ladies!!!

Another question just for the ladies!!!

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another question just for the ladies!!!

Have just booked our medicals for 8th August. About 2 years ago my smear test came back with severe abnormal cells. Had to go to hospital as a day patient and have them removed (Lazar technique). All my smears tests have been fine since. Will they ask about this at the medicals, will i have to take any letters with me from my doctor. I have got a letter confirming my last smear test was fine will that do.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:59 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another question just for the ladies!!!

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Have just booked our medicals for 8th August. About 2 years ago my smear test came back with severe abnormal cells. Had to go to hospital as a day patient and have them removed (Lazar technique). All my smears tests have been fine since. Will they ask about this at the medicals, will i have to take any letters with me from my doctor. I have got a letter confirming my last smear test was fine will that do.
Stop worrying,only answer what they ask! (take your last result with u & keep shhhtoom )If they ask, present the letter & take it from there,dont give yourself more hassle

Goodluck.
Donna.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

nicoak will become famous soon enough

Had our meds done at Handsworth Wood. Dr only asked for copy smear result. Didn't ask any other questions. As previously advised only answer the questions they ask. Don't offer any further information.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicoak
Had our meds done at Handsworth Wood. Dr only asked for copy smear result. Didn't ask any other questions. As previously advised only answer the questions they ask. Don't offer any further information.

Thankyou Handsworth Wood is where we are going on Tuesday. Will keep shhhtoom
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:09 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Handsworth Wood is where we are going on Tuesday. Will keep shhhtoom

Donna.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:12 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of

Do not keep 'schtoom' as some might say - be totally honest and upfront about EVERYTHING on your medical - it is better to be truthful - if you tell fibs and they find out your done for!! Honesty is the best policy - there is nothing wrong with you now so you have nothing to worry about!!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by crystal113
Do not keep 'schtoom' as some might say - be totally honest and upfront about EVERYTHING on your medical - it is better to be truthful - if you tell fibs and they find out your done for!! Honesty is the best policy - there is nothing wrong with you now so you have nothing to worry about!!

Exactly ,,, she doesn't have anything to worry about,present what is true 'to date'

Donna.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:43 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stacey

About 18 years ago I had some treatment (cold cauterisation) for abnormal cells. After that for the next 10 years I had to have yearly smears, all has been fine since. I put it all down on the form, even took the results of my recent smear, but no questions were asked.

Everything will be fine I'm sure.

Shirley x
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

You must list this treatment under the history of hospital treatment section of the medical - also take the letter for your last smear test showing clear.

I also had a test result abnormal cells - although very early stages and no treatment necessary (my little sister not so lucky - had the same procedure as you twice) - was just monitored every three months for a period, followed by yearly, followed by every three years. Declared the result - told him period of testing altered and showed him letter with final result. As under 35 didnt have to have exam.

Dont risk it! It is like insurance companies - not worth not mentioning something as will come back and bite you in the a**e.

I honestly forgot to mention a water scald I suffered from as a toddler - he spotted the scar and asked! He then made me fill it into relevant section of medical form. He checked all scars apart from when I had a Coggoloctomy (took my word for it - ha ha).

Paula

Paula
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Exactly the same happened to me, except I only got the all clear Jan 06. Had my all clear letter and smear, declared everything on the form, made sure the Dr was aware of it and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Phew! Also went to Handsworth 27th/7, so still waiting for the results! Good luck!

x
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:43 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

We were worried about husband as he had blood tests taken after a bad back and they came back funny. We put off having medicals for 3 months because we were worried they would take blood and see that it wasn't quite right. Anyway our migration agent told us to just go for it and in the end the doctor at the medical only took specific blood tests (HIV and Hep A as have tattoo) and he didn't even look at our doctor medical file!!

Go for it I say
Oh and his bloods are fine now
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 6:26 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Our panel doc never even asked when my last smear test was never mind if it was ok the subject was not mentioned at all.
Different docs different meds even in the same practice but I would take any letters relating to your tests just in case.

Loz x
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

had meds a few weeks ago, panel doc asked if i were up to date with smears and i said yes, did not ask for any paper work and asked if i check for any lumps on breast, i just said yes to that as well.

stop worrying, I had a disc removed from lumar spine in march and was frantic about meds, took a letter from surgeon and told panel doc it was successful and had no probs, he did not ask to examine me but when i sat on the bed for him to do reflexes etc, he noticed scar at top of my trousers and said, 'oh thats healing niceley'.

it will be fine and as you have had all clear thats proof enough for them, take a letter or results with you

sarah-jayne