Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

another question

another question

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default another question

As some of you know from my "giving up on Adelaide" post, we are now looking into moving to Perth.
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how and how much it will cost to take our new cat with us (bought before we decided to move).
We are having quotes for removals, we were considering driving there but our 2 teenage children are not keen although i would love to drive there. so we will be having the car transported there (just had a new engine fitted as the last one blew up) and hubby's motorbike also. So it looks like we'll be flying but i don't know how we will get the cat there.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Jackie
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:45 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another question

Send the cat by air too, do a search/google etc, i know its easy to arrange for animals to fly from quarentine to the home city, i.e. melbourne to adelaide.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Send the cat by air too, do a search/google etc, i know its easy to arrange for animals to fly from quarentine to the home city, i.e. melbourne to adelaide.
I just had a quote and it's $136 by air a lot cheaper than i thought. John's got a telephone interview with a company in Perth tomorrow and if he's offered the job he'll go first with the cat and stay at his brothers.
so problem sorted.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jwood
As some of you know from my "giving up on Adelaide" post, we are now looking into moving to Perth.
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how and how much it will cost to take our new cat with us (bought before we decided to move).
We are having quotes for removals, we were considering driving there but our 2 teenage children are not keen although i would love to drive there. so we will be having the car transported there (just had a new engine fitted as the last one blew up) and hubby's motorbike also. So it looks like we'll be flying but i don't know how we will get the cat there.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Jackie
Hiya

We moved to Adelaide when we were supposed to be moving to Perth so had to have our dog flown over from Perth - we used Jet Pets and it was a few hundred dollars, sorry can't remember the exact amount.

Nikki
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

My Mum enquired about a cat from Perth to Sydney she asked Virgin Blue and their company did it for $60 (if you are flying with the cat) or $120 if sending the cat on it’s own. Qantas was similar.

The poster above who paid a few hundred got ripped.

Mikey