Reload this Page >

Another Newbie !!!!!!

Another Newbie !!!!!!

Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

buck-egit is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Another Newbie !!!!!!

OK a bit of background!!!

I live in Northern Ireland and 3 weeks ago we decided to go for it and move to the Perth area or somewhere in WA. Wish it was that simple, My work background is. Well the man above didnt give me brains but he did give me good hands . So my dad has been manufacturing kitchens for 27 years. I am 33 now and at 15 left school to get a joinery app I did my 3 years but the guy I worked for went bust 1 month before i was due to finish my 3 years I have got certificates showing I did a City & Guilds Carpentry & Joinery. I have the standard Darren was a good worker letter from him nothing to detailed. I then went into the business and have been here ever since. 14 years now I have been in the trade. But the past 7 years we have been free lance fitting services ( fitting kitchens ) less money but a hell of alot more time 8 - 5 Mon - Fri instead of the 16 hrs days we did when making them . Dad retired a year ago. When we did make the kitchens they where Bespoke kitchens only my dad and I worked in it we will make about 2 kitchens a month. The longest one took us was 2.5 months every thing was hand made from solid oak including the carcases.

So as I have said I have been sub contracting into this one guy for the past 7 years now fitting kitchens for him.
I have decided to do my own TRA forms as I will have to do most of the donkey work any way I might as well save the 2 grand they want to post what I have researched anyway......Has anyone out there got a detailed job description they have done for a JOINER as it seems to be the best description to kitchen manufacturing.

My main worry is I have no qualifications just experience... although i severed my time as a carpenter joiner I would b rusty in the carpentry things i was also wondering if anyone would be willing to email me there carpentry joinery detailed job description.
I have done my own 7 page description on being a kitchen manufacturer from measuring to design making and fitting including all tools i use but again i would like a description of carpentry so i could cover both bases of the CARPENTRY AND JOINERY VISA i think I have joinery one covered

If any one would like to help me please email or PM me

Some family background it I am married to Yvonne she would like to open her own child care day center when we get there
A daughter Robyn she is 5 and a son Ben he is 3

I think I should say i also intend to start my own kitchen business up again if I get granted a 136 class visa. We will have around $500.000 to take over with us out of the sale of our home dont you just love our housing market

Anyhow thanks for reading this

Cheers Darren Hanna
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:10 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Newbie !!!!!!

Welcome and good luck with everything. Lor
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:16 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buck-egit
OK a bit of background!!!

I live in Northern Ireland and 3 weeks ago we decided to go for it and move to the Perth area or somewhere in WA. Wish it was that simple, My work background is. Well the man above didnt give me brains but he did give me good hands . So my dad has been manufacturing kitchens for 27 years. I am 33 now and at 15 left school to get a joinery app I did my 3 years but the guy I worked for went bust 1 month before i was due to finish my 3 years I have got certificates showing I did a City & Guilds Carpentry & Joinery. I have the standard Darren was a good worker letter from him nothing to detailed. I then went into the business and have been here ever since. 14 years now I have been in the trade. But the past 7 years we have been free lance fitting services ( fitting kitchens ) less money but a hell of alot more time 8 - 5 Mon - Fri instead of the 16 hrs days we did when making them . Dad retired a year ago. When we did make the kitchens they where Bespoke kitchens only my dad and I worked in it we will make about 2 kitchens a month. The longest one took us was 2.5 months every thing was hand made from solid oak including the carcases.

So as I have said I have been sub contracting into this one guy for the past 7 years now fitting kitchens for him.
I have decided to do my own TRA forms as I will have to do most of the donkey work any way I might as well save the 2 grand they want to post what I have researched anyway......Has anyone out there got a detailed job description they have done for a JOINER as it seems to be the best description to kitchen manufacturing.

My main worry is I have no qualifications just experience... although i severed my time as a carpenter joiner I would b rusty in the carpentry things i was also wondering if anyone would be willing to email me there carpentry joinery detailed job description.
I have done my own 7 page description on being a kitchen manufacturer from measuring to design making and fitting including all tools i use but again i would like a description of carpentry so i could cover both bases of the CARPENTRY AND JOINERY VISA i think I have joinery one covered

If any one would like to help me please email or PM me

Some family background it I am married to Yvonne she would like to open her own child care day center when we get there
A daughter Robyn she is 5 and a son Ben he is 3

I think I should say i also intend to start my own kitchen business up again if I get granted a 136 class visa. We will have around $500.000 to take over with us out of the sale of our home dont you just love our housing market

Anyhow thanks for reading this

Cheers Darren Hanna
hi mate

firstly welcome to British Expats
i suggest that you contact "Clippies"
re joinery info they have just passed TRA as a joiner

the fact that you didnt finish your certs isn't the end of the earth
as you have so much experience

have you read through the TRA info on the aussie gov site ??

link below
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

good luck

Steve
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:23 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I've just read your pm - from what I understand it's the Carpentry bit you're struggling with - is there any reason why you're wanting to apply as a Carpenter & Joiner rather than a Joiner?

A Joiner has exactly the same points as a Carpenter & Joiner.

In your pm you said you have certificates for Carpentry & Joinery - is that correct?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello

I've just read your pm - from what I understand it's the Carpentry bit you're struggling with - is there any reason why you're wanting to apply as a Carpenter & Joiner rather than a Joiner?

In your pm you said you have certificates for Carpentry & Joinery - is that correct?
Yes i do but I havnt done anu carpentery work since 92 when i got the certs

I then went into the business

I am just so worried that kitchen fitting and manufacturing isnt exactly what they are looking for in the JOINERY class I just thought if I had carpentry as well it doubles my chances

what sort of format did your TRA have what refs did you get basically what did you send them LOL

cheers Darren
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello

well speak of the devil

hi clippies
Attached Thumbnails Another Newbie !!!!!!-difli050.jpg  
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:43 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
well speak of the devil

hi clippies
Hello Steve Nice horns
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

well speak of the devil

hi clippies

by the way How the Hell did you get the time to post 3000 + times on here coz I have spen the whole day just reading stuff never mind posting and blogging as well are you a closet superhuman

Darren
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:44 pm
Worongary

by the way How the Hell did you get the time to post 3000 + times on here coz I have spen the whole day just reading stuff never mind posting and blogging as well are you a closet superhuman

Darren
closet something

buts thats for later
when the kids are in bed
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:52 pm

Yes i do but I havnt done anu carpentery work since 92 when i got the certs

I then went into the business

I am just so worried that kitchen fitting and manufacturing isnt exactly what they are looking for in the JOINERY class I just thought if I had carpentry as well it doubles my chances

what sort of format did your TRA have what refs did you get basically what did you send them LOL

cheers Darren
Well I'm no expert, but my advice would be to leave the occupation blank - that way the TRA will decide whether they think you qualify as a Carpenter, CArpenter & Joiner or Joiner - either way kitchen fitting is chippy work so I'm sure you'll be fine

Get references off your dad detailing what you do in your every day work, you need to list all the tools that you use, how often and what for. References of clients, as many as possible and more detailed the better. We sent 60 odd pages in total, including certified copies of C&G certificates etc. It soon mounts up when you start putting it together.

If you think your application is going to be complicated then I'd reccommend you use an agent - our application was straight forward, hubby has all his qualifications and did an apprenticeship - he has always worked as a carpenter and joiner and does loads of different types of jobs.

Our application basically was just a step by step guide to what hubby has been doing every day for the last 18 years
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:53 pm

Darren
Lol, I've asked a LOT of questions
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:53 pm

closet something

buts thats for later
when the kids are in bed
Yes...ssshhhhh
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks

When you say refs from clients do you mean I have to go round them all and ask them to do a big letter on the work I did for them or just for them to do a small letter saying they where very happy with my work ???

i will have a letter from the accountant saying i have been in business for 130 years or so i also have my TAX CIS card. I have never worked or been employed by anyone sionce 92 and he has gone bust so i dont have any refs from employers

Darren
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks

i will have a letter from the accountant saying i have been in business for 130 years or so i also have my TAX CIS card. I have never worked or been
Darren
Do you reckon thats enough years experiance for the TRA :scared:

it should be 13 years
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:13 pm

Do you reckon thats enough years experiance for the TRA :scared:

it should be 13 years
Darren your application is different to mine (well husband's but you know what I mean ) - we only had a brief self employed period to cover as hubby is actually employed. When you are self employed you have to do things differently, you have to supply accounts I think (anyone verify this?) references and invoices from builders merchants as well as references from clients.

Have you been on the immigration website? It has all the information on there I think http://www.immi.gov.au/migrate/skilled.htm

If you need specific answers try posting on the immigration forum and maybe someone in a similar situation can help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.