Another newbie!

Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:32 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Sandy.l's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 454
Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Another newbie!

Hi,

I've been a spectator for a while now! I really enjoy this forum and glad to say that we (me, Hubby & 2 kids) are on our first steps towards our new life. We have received our first set of forms from Go Matilda for Hubby's skills assessment.

We spent some time in Brisbane a few years ago and have pined ever since to be back there! We already have family in Wynnum so there will be instant cousins for the kids!

We are both 38 and our kids are 9 and 7 and they are both looking forward to going! It's hard to explain to them that you can't say exactly when it will happen, just that (we hope) it will!

Look forward to participating in some of these debates!

Sandy




Sandy.l is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:36 pm
  #2  
Prisoner of Her Majesty
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 92,797
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Hi Sandy and co,
Welcome to the madhouse! If you've been a spectator for a while you already know we are crackers, so no point pretending otherwise!
Nice area Wynnum - shame it was a bit wet there at the weekend! My hat is still drying out....
Good luck with the application
Pollyana is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:37 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
booboo1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: melbourne,australia
Posts: 1,028
booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Hi Sandy

welcome to you and your family.. Good luck with the application. How long do you think it will take..

booboo
booboo1 is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:40 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Sandy.l's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 454
Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for the welcome messages!

We are hoping to be able to sell up this time next year, but the processing times leave a lot to be desired. Hubby is in IT, I understand there are lots of upsets going on in the IT industry over there, but my cuz in Wynnum reckons D would get a job very quickly, even if it wasn't his usual thing. He said he'll do anything!

The main thing is to get his Skill set sorted first!

Sandy
Sandy.l is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:43 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Sandy.l's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 454
Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default

Pollyanna

When we first went to Wynnum, it rained constantly for 3 days! It didn't stop us loving it though! Soaked one minute, dried out the next!

Sandy
Sandy.l is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:33 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
sj oldfield's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Lower Chittering, Perth
Posts: 4,646
sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default

Hi Sandy,
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you have patience as you will need it over the next few months

Love

Sandra
sj oldfield is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:04 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
PeterAndSue's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Perth Jan 2004 ( from oxford and London)
Posts: 138
PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

good luck sandy,
It is still possible with IT , I got the visa Sept 2003, now going to Perth 2004.
PeterAndSue is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:26 pm
  #8  
Go Banana's !!
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Another newbie!

Originally posted by Sandy.l
Hi,

I've been a spectator for a while now! I really enjoy this forum and glad to say that we (me, Hubby & 2 kids) are on our first steps towards our new life. We have received our first set of forms from Go Matilda for Hubby's skills assessment.

We spent some time in Brisbane a few years ago and have pined ever since to be back there! We already have family in Wynnum so there will be instant cousins for the kids!

We are both 38 and our kids are 9 and 7 and they are both looking forward to going! It's hard to explain to them that you can't say exactly when it will happen, just that (we hope) it will!

Look forward to participating in some of these debates!

Sandy





Welcome Sandy,

My wife and I are relatively new also but its surprising how quickly the posts notch up and the addictiveness kicks in. Jill is often heard tapping away until the early hours and swears blind it was another post she just had to reply to !!

I would imagine that you have all those questions, fears and thoughts buzzing round in your head about what happens next etc....you're not alone !!

We've found that by belonging to "the madhouse" as Pollyanna puts it (and quite accurately) , helps put it all into perspective and makes you realise your not alone. It doesn't always give you the answer you want to hear either so be warned !!

Anyway, enough rambling for now. Good luck with the application and happy posting.......


Best wishes

Warren (& Jill)
 
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:20 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Sandy.l's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 454
Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Hi Sandy,
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you have patience as you will need it over the next few months

Love

Sandra
I have spent a lot of time researching our possible move, it feels great to actually be starting on it! I am itching for it to start really happening!

This will be my main focus on 2004, as well as continuing with doing up the house ready for selling!

Thanks for the welcome message!

Sandy
Sandy.l is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:25 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Sandy.l's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 454
Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally posted by PeterAndSue
good luck sandy,
It is still possible with IT , I got the visa Sept 2003, now going to Perth 2004.

That's great to hear!

Usual story with us, Hubby's experience no longer on MODL, and now I see there are further recent changes to IT demand. I saw a posting the other day about DIMA clamping down on the temp visa's; I suppose this may work in our favour, if permanent visa's are not affected. I also noticed that the Skilled Occupation list has completely changed for IT job titles. This is going to be a very confusing time and I'm glad we made the decision to use a migration agent!

Sandy
Sandy.l is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:29 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Sandy.l's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 454
Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another newbie!

Originally posted by Warren Dix
Welcome Sandy,

My wife and I are relatively new also but its surprising how quickly the posts notch up and the addictiveness kicks in. Jill is often heard tapping away until the early hours and swears blind it was another post she just had to reply to !!

I would imagine that you have all those questions, fears and thoughts buzzing round in your head about what happens next etc....you're not alone !!

We've found that by belonging to "the madhouse" as Pollyanna puts it (and quite accurately) , helps put it all into perspective and makes you realise your not alone. It doesn't always give you the answer you want to hear either so be warned !!

Anyway, enough rambling for now. Good luck with the application and happy posting.......


Best wishes

Warren (& Jill)

Hi Warren/Jill

We're not a million miles from you, we live just near Peterlee!

I already spend far too much time reading this forum, god knows what I'll be like now I'm actually participating! My favourites list covers just about every subject on immigration! It's become a bit of an obsession especially since we got the forms. I'm already suffering from information overload due to all the research I've been doing!!

Sandy
Sandy.l is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:36 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
tinaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast- the best place in the world
Posts: 3,196
tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default

Hi Sandy, Welcome to the site! It sounds like you are doing all the right things in order for the process to go smoothly. Go Matlida are great and you have found lots of info already. I hope it all works out for you- see you out there maybe- we are arriving soon -.God that sounds good!!!
tinaj is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:41 pm
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
 
footie chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Sussex
Posts: 1,927
footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Hi Sandy

Good luck with your application and welcome to the forum.

footie chick
footie chick is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:59 pm
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Sandy.l's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 454
Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi Sandy

Good luck with your application and welcome to the forum.

footie chick
Thank You!
Sandy.l is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:15 pm
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
nosuchluck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Eatons Hill, Brisbane
Posts: 2,289
nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another newbie!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sandy.l
Hi,

I've been a spectator for a while now! I really enjoy this forum and glad to say that we (me, Hubby & 2 kids) are on our first steps towards our new life. We have received our first set of forms from Go Matilda for Hubby's skills assessment.

We spent some time in Brisbane a few years ago and have pined ever since to be back there! We already have family in Wynnum so there will be instant cousins for the kids!

We are both 38 and our kids are 9 and 7 and they are both looking forward to going! It's hard to explain to them that you can't say exactly when it will happen, just that (we hope) it will!

Look forward to participating in some of these debates!

Sandy


Welcome to the forum Sandy and family,
hope that you get your wish in 2004, we are hoping to go to Samford area, sent off our app. in October so in for a long wait.
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle (11)

nosuchluck is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.