Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Lafha question

Another Lafha question

Old May 4th 2011, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all
Default Another Lafha question

I've been offered lafha with my 457 visa. I having trouble trying work out whether I can claim my full allowance.

Diac stimpulates that the minimum salary for my position is currently $47480.

My salary is a bit more than this so am I allowed to claim down to the $47480 amount or am I allowed to claim my full allowance set out by my employer even though it takes me below the Diac rate.
Old May 4th 2011, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Lafha question

Originally Posted by mvagusta
I've been offered lafha with my 457 visa. I having trouble trying work out whether I can claim my full allowance.

Diac stimpulates that the minimum salary for my position is currently $47480.

My salary is a bit more than this so am I allowed to claim down to the $47480 amount or am I allowed to claim my full allowance set out by my employer even though it takes me below the Diac rate.
You can't go below the.minimum
Old May 6th 2011, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Thanks for that.

One other question.

Does $187 per week lafha for food sound about right for one person?
Old May 6th 2011, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.

One other question.

I am on 300 for family of 4 so yes
Old May 6th 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Thanks for that.

One other question.

The ATO has set limits on what can be claimed for food per person. The ambiguity comes around housing and what is an acceptable amount to claim.
Old May 6th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unfortunately I wont be able to use the housing part as by the time the food allowance comes of it will take me close to the minimum salary requirement set by Diac.

Pity