Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another house sold!

Another house sold!

Old May 12th 2005, 2:59 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another house sold!

I've already been shouting my head off in a couple of other threads but here's the details:

We had an offer yesterday which was 15k under the asking price and we said we wanted more (as you do!). The buyer immediately came back with another 5k which we thought over last night. Went back to the estate agents this morning and said that since he wanted various white goods and bits and pieces thrown in as well as all the curtains we would ideally like another 2.5k and this is what he agreed. It just sounds too easy so I hope nothing goes wrong.

My face aches from smiling so much! But I am getting kinda nervous now too! Roll on exchange on 31 May and then we can really start making plans. . . .

I haven't begged for karma for a long time so if anyone is feeling generous that is fine by me! (I have been known to return the favour too though I have been spreading it quite widely already today!)

Binbird
Old May 12th 2005, 3:07 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another house sold!

Congratulations!!!
Attached Images  
Old May 12th 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Whooooooo many congrats

All the very best, really pleased for you

Sue
Old May 12th 2005, 3:16 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird

I haven't begged for karma for a long time so if anyone is feeling generous that is fine by me! (I have been known to return the favour too though I have been spreading it quite widely already today!)

Binbird
Just tried to return the favour to DD and Sue but as I suspected I've used up my quota for the day - but panic not - I am good at keeping an IOU list!

Binbird
Old May 12th 2005, 3:48 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Binbird - heres for a successful completion!!!!! You deserve to finally sell as you have been waiting so long!

Lynn xxx
Old May 12th 2005, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

I've already been shouting my head off in a couple of other threads but here's the details:

We had an offer yesterday which was 15k under the asking price and we said we wanted more (as you do!). The buyer immediately came back with another 5k which we thought over last night. Went back to the estate agents this morning and said that since he wanted various white goods and bits and pieces thrown in as well as all the curtains we would ideally like another 2.5k and this is what he agreed. It just sounds too easy so I hope nothing goes wrong.

My face aches from smiling so much! But I am getting kinda nervous now too! Roll on exchange on 31 May and then we can really start making plans. . . .

Binbird

Fingers crossed - hope all goes well and will try to send karma.

I've just completed so feeling very
Old May 12th 2005, 3:52 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi So happy for you Binbird, and a great bit of negotiation too with the sounds of things.

Feeling very nervous about ours going on the market, what with people on the other threads wondering whether to drop the prices etc

Kay

p.s sorry wont let me give you karma but its there in thought.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:57 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Thanks for the karma thought Kay!

We were on the market for 6 months and didn't reduce the price at all so getting only 7.5k less than the asking price was an achievement for us. (House was on for approx 350k)

Good luck to all of those with the house selling nightmare to go through still.

Binbird (still adding to IOU list!)
Old May 12th 2005, 4:06 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the karma thought Kay!

We were on the market for 6 months and didn't reduce the price at all so getting only 7.5k less than the asking price was an achievement for us. (House was on for approx 350k)

Good luck to all of those with the house selling nightmare to go through still.

Binbird (still adding to IOU list!)
Great glad to see you stood your ground and got a good price. Its very easy to think lower the price just to go quicker but really dont want to burn our bridges. You never know we may have to return one day!!

Kay
Old May 12th 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Great news for you hope it all goes well now if you could only give the rest of us selling a bit of luck
Old May 12th 2005, 6:34 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by karenjc
Great news for you hope it all goes well now if you could only give the rest of us selling a bit of luck
Yup - I do wish the rest of you with houses to sell the best of luck. Take heart in the fact that there does seem at last to be a bit of movement. People are posting quite regularly about their sales at the moment - it could be you next!

The best bit for us is that they wanted to buy various bits of furniture too (three piece suite, kitchen table and chairs etc) so I shall have to put up with going on a spending spree when we get to Australia. What a shame!!!!

Binbird (will try and sort out the IOUs tomorrow!)
Old May 12th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Binbird

Hi Bindy congrats on house sale!!!! you must be ecstatic!

tried to send you Karma but got to spread it round first.... sorry.

Are your buyers wanting quick completion, we are struggling with ours at the moment agents coming out on Tuesday to redo pics and relaunch dropping price a bit too.

Anyway hope you are celebrating fingers crosssed for a smooth sale

Chris
Old May 12th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations binbird,what a relief for you,i hope everything goes well for you,now go and celebrate
Old May 12th 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Binbird
Sounds great.Best of luck it all goes okay.Our property goes on the market tommorow and I am too getting nervous now about the whole thing.
I've sent you some karma as I know how you feel.
Old May 12th 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news Will send you some house completion karma . Hope all goes smoothly.
I have 2 viewings myself on Saturday so fingers crossed for me too.
Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.