Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another house sale disaster- the sequel !!!

Another house sale disaster- the sequel !!!

Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Default Another house sale disaster- the sequel !!!

Well you may all remember how my first house sale fell thru, then we put the house back on the market and sold it again in one day which was fantastic.

Now 8 weeks down the line from that offer we have discovered that our so called buyers have not sorted anything out- they keep telling the estate agent that they have sorted the mortgage and paid the solicitor for the searches but yesterday we found out they have not done either of these things and have been lying left, right and centre !!!!

Words cant really express how upsetting this is- if they didnt want our house then why didnt they say so- as it is we have just wasted the last 8 weeks- we were hoping to go at the end of Feb but I cant even be sure when we will be able to go now.

Our solicitor has told them that the house is going back on the market on Friday unless they pay for their searches and have the survey done but I am not holding my breath !!!

After the joy of receiving the visas I now feel trapped in my own house and its not a nice feeling.

Maybe they will get it all sorted this week and it will all be OK so please if you have any spare karma, then could you send it my way

Thanks

Nat
Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:00 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Another house sale disaster- the sequel !!!

Originally Posted by natty
Well you may all remember how my first house sale fell thru, then we put the house back on the market and sold it again in one day which was fantastic.

Now 8 weeks down the line from that offer we have discovered that our so called buyers have not sorted anything out- they keep telling the estate agent that they have sorted the mortgage and paid the solicitor for the searches but yesterday we found out they have not done either of these things and have been lying left, right and centre !!!!

Words cant really express how upsetting this is- if they didnt want our house then why didnt they say so- as it is we have just wasted the last 8 weeks- we were hoping to go at the end of Feb but I cant even be sure when we will be able to go now.

Our solicitor has told them that the house is going back on the market on Friday unless they pay for their searches and have the survey done but I am not holding my breath !!!

After the joy of receiving the visas I now feel trapped in my own house and its not a nice feeling.

Maybe they will get it all sorted this week and it will all be OK so please if you have any spare karma, then could you send it my way

Thanks

Nat

sorry to hear that Nat, my only thoughts are that it will happen so just hang tight and keep smiling.
u never know whats around the corner

Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Nat

Hi Nat. I know exactly how you feel. we went through something very similiar recently. we accepted an offer in July last year, to buyers, whom we were led to believe had all their finance in place, and it was 3 months until we discovered that they hadnt' even bothered applying for a mortgage. we gave them ultimatum after altimatum,and in the end we pulled the plug on them and are now remarketing the property. I really feel for you, and hope your buyers come through for you

Regards

Gina
Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:03 pm
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Nat

Sorry to hear about your disaster, I hope they sort themselves out or you find a new buyer soon. We have an offer on our house and are still waiting for a completion date. The buyer was very keen for it to go through quickly before christmas but now its gone a bit quiet. I hope they don't pull out at the last minute.

Dave
Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:16 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by davidclifford
Sorry to hear about your disaster, I hope they sort themselves out or you find a new buyer soon. We have an offer on our house and are still waiting for a completion date. The buyer was very keen for it to go through quickly before christmas but now its gone a bit quiet. I hope they don't pull out at the last minute.

Dave
Well Nat, if this thread does nothing else, it will demonstrate that you aren't alone!

We too are trying to sell our house and we have the same feelings as you - glad to have the visas but frustrated at not being able to go and start our new life because of the damned house!

We have a buyer who is desperate to buy our house but their chain has fallen through. Whilst we wait for them to sort themselves out we are continuing to market the property and have a first viewing this evening since Xmas.

If it's of any consolation to everyone out there in the same boat - it does appear that the market is becoming a bit more buoyant so here's hoping!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:32 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hello

........... no, you certainly are not alone. Multiply the number of us on this site alone who are having to suffer the indignities of the house buying/selling stupidity in this country by all the others around the country that we do not know about and it is a major issue that needs to be sorted, and its been like this for ever so it seems.

As the legal profession are heavily involved, mind you, there does not appear to be too much chance of any reform in the short run.

Waht's wrong with the Scottish system - or the Australian one for that matter?!

Regards

Jim

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Well Nat, if this thread does nothing else, it will demonstrate that you aren't alone!

We too are trying to sell our house and we have the same feelings as you - glad to have the visas but frustrated at not being able to go and start our new life because of the damned house!

We have a buyer who is desperate to buy our house but their chain has fallen through. Whilst we wait for them to sort themselves out we are continuing to market the property and have a first viewing this evening since Xmas.

If it's of any consolation to everyone out there in the same boat - it does appear that the market is becoming a bit more buoyant so here's hoping!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 1:51 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Natty I feel for you..

We're only just at the stage of finally getting our 1st buyer in 12 months of marketing. We were told just before xmas that one of our potential buyers had sold their own now and were ready to proceed...and maybe I'm just getting unecessarily jittery but since then I've heard nothing....no sign of a survey....zilch. Our solicitor sent us on Friday all the 'what are you leaving behind' bumf and we've filled it all in and taken it back yesterday.

How long have any of you lot on here waited until the survey was done? I only moved into this house just under 2 years ago but I can't remember how long these individual bits took for the life of me.

P.s. Natty - I would send you some karma but have to spread some first...
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:11 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by artep
Oh Natty I feel for you..

We're only just at the stage of finally getting our 1st buyer in 12 months of marketing. We were told just before xmas that one of our potential buyers had sold their own now and were ready to proceed...and maybe I'm just getting unecessarily jittery but since then I've heard nothing....no sign of a survey....zilch. Our solicitor sent us on Friday all the 'what are you leaving behind' bumf and we've filled it all in and taken it back yesterday.

How long have any of you lot on here waited until the survey was done? I only moved into this house just under 2 years ago but I can't remember how long these individual bits took for the life of me.

P.s. Natty - I would send you some karma but have to spread some first...
Hello

The survey on our house was done just about 10 days after we accepted the buyer's offer.... and that was when there was a lot of general interest. Now that things have slackened off a bit, you should get a surveyor organised by the lender at next to no notice. Hope that helps.

Jim
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:26 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello

The survey on our house was done just about 10 days after we accepted the buyer's offer.... and that was when there was a lot of general interest. Now that things have slackened off a bit, you should get a surveyor organised by the lender at next to no notice. Hope that helps.

Jim
Thanks Jim
Think I'll give them to the end of the week then if I've heard nothing I'll start making noises. We accepted our buyers offer ages ago but we said until they'd sold their own it was still up for grabs. They finally sold their own just before xmas...so maybe I should hear something soon.

Petra
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:09 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Well we are in the same boat as you all, apart from still waiting on our visa, hoping to have it by the end of Jan or beg of Feb.

We accepted an offer beg of Oct 04 and were due to exchange 20th Dec and complete 21st Jan 05. We were all geared to go into a rental while we settled the sale of the business. Unfortunately the chain broke last Thursday. Terrific. Still I keep telling myself, it will be fine, we still have time to rebuild the chain. I told our estate agent that we would wait for the chain to rebuild because our buyer has already spent out on a full survey and she really wants our house, she is remarketing hers and so are the couple below her.

I am not sure now if we should just re market our's as well. We are probably looking to go to Oz June/July. Maybe we will give it to the end of Feb and if the chain has not re built by then put ours back on the market.

The lucky thing was that I was about to sign up for a rental on the weds afternoon, my solicitor was away for Xmas and I stupidly assumed that we had exchanged on the 20th Dec. For some reason I stalled for a second viewing on the Thurs evening. I got the news Thurs morning that the chain had broke. Could you imagine having to pay for the rental as well as the mortgage. Never rented before, in that week I had PSS coming for quotes, An agent coming to discuss the business sale, I was like on overdrive trying to tie everything up. Now I need to step back and calm down a bit.

Good luck everyone, hopefully all will eventually fall into place.

Julia
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:26 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Nat
Hi Nat

Know what you mean. I thought getting the visa's would be the hard part but that seems a distant memory now compared to trying to sell our house.
I will have to go out to Oz with our 2 children at the end of the month to get our initial entry stamp. Silly us, my husband went out job hunting last October and used up the last of his holiday as we thought that we would be living there by now,
At least ours has been a constant stream of viewings and either nice comments or bad, but none have got our hopes up like you have had your hopes raised. I hope that it all comes together for you very soon and that they pull their socks up. You may find that they were in no rush before Christmas but that they will kick into action now to ensure being in for the Spring.

Sharon
I'm afraid I am all out of the Karma that you would like.......But wish you luck
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:15 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Springo
I am not sure now if we should just re market our's as well. We are probably looking to go to Oz June/July. Maybe we will give it to the end of Feb and if the chain has not re built by then put ours back on the market.
Think if I was in your position I'd hang fire for now. Buyers are few and far between!!!!

Good Luck - fingers and just about everything else crossed the others in your chain get buyers sorted soon!

Petra
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Thanks

Nat
Hi Nat this is awful how can people do this to others! we are looking at putting ours on the market at end of month, houses are selling pretty fast near us but that doesn't take onto account these so called 'buyers'
Have sent you some karma good luck hope it all comes right for you
Chris
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...ndpost&p=53276

[http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...ndpost&p=53179
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Another house sale disaster- the sequel !!!

I have just checked out this link. The contributors to this site appear to delight in the misfortune of people on this site. Why is that? Is it some kind of rivallry thing? If so, I am rather baffled by it all Wouldn't it be better to offer advice than gloat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.