Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

another house nightmare.Aaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhh

Wikiposts

another house nightmare.Aaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhh

Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another house nightmare.Aaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhh

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Awwwweee..your fairy is cute

I reckon that's gonna bring Tracey some luck

Me too .
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: another house nightmare.Aaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhh

Hi Tracey,

Must say I feel for you too - we have had our house up for almost a year now. 3 Estate Agents and 3 price drops and still nothing. In which time the boiler flooded over flooded the kitchen - so new floors, ceiling,kitchen. Day later the Radiator burst - another floor in the kitchen. Kitchen looks really nice now must admit. Boiler packed in so spent 2.5k on new boiler system and radiators. Went on holdiay last week came up had another flood in the kitchen cant find where it came from either. So still waiting for loss adjuster on that one - so soggy floor for now. This has been going on for 5 months now - think the house is cursed or annoyed at us for selling it.

Mind you its been that long we actually feel as though it will never sell. I dropped the price again today - another 5k off. Well under the norm for houses in the area that are selling so see what happens - provided we dont flood again.

Validation was Nov think I will extend to Jan with police checks as nothing is moving at all.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Hi Tracey,

Must say I feel for you too - we have had our house up for almost a year now. 3 Estate Agents and 3 price drops and still nothing. In which time the boiler flooded over flooded the kitchen - so new floors, ceiling,kitchen. Day later the Radiator burst - another floor in the kitchen. Kitchen looks really nice now must admit. Boiler packed in so spent 2.5k on new boiler system and radiators. Went on holdiay last week came up had another flood in the kitchen cant find where it came from either. So still waiting for loss adjuster on that one - so soggy floor for now. This has been going on for 5 months now - think the house is cursed or annoyed at us for selling it.

Mind you its been that long we actually feel as though it will never sell. I dropped the price again today - another 5k off. Well under the norm for houses in the area that are selling so see what happens - provided we dont flood again.

Validation was Nov think I will extend to Jan with police checks as nothing is moving at all.
It's a pain in the ass isn't it. You just reminded me, my porch and utility have sprung a leak as well. Well I say a leak, the porch now has it's own built in waterfall. Should put it on the particulars as a feature of the house, lol
Old Aug 8th 2005, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

just an update,. I've just took a sample of the carpet down the shop and when we've had a look the carpet that the man ordered for me and the colour stated on the packaging are the right ones. Unfortunately there has been a mix up at the depot (it just had to be with the carpet I bloody ordered didn't it ). They have put the wrong code on the navy carpet. So, they are going to get them sorted (there's 5 rolls when they've checked ) and then get back to me.

Tracey
Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:25 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
just an update,. I've just took a sample of the carpet down the shop and when we've had a look the carpet that the man ordered for me and the colour stated on the packaging are the right ones. Unfortunately there has been a mix up at the depot (it just had to be with the carpet I bloody ordered didn't it ). They have put the wrong code on the navy carpet. So, they are going to get them sorted (there's 5 rolls when they've checked ) and then get back to me.

Tracey
Ha you were right of course but then you are a woman! Hope you had a smug look on your face when you told them.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meelie
Ha you were right of course but then you are a woman! Hope you had a smug look on your face when you told them.

Yes, I am so relieved because the navy one looks blooming awful!!!!!!

He's just rang back to say that they've re-coded the carpets correctly and that the one I ordered originally is in stock. They are also going to deliver it for me which is a bonus

Wonder which other poor buggars have got the wrong carpet but haven't yet noticed

Tracey