Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another going to Perth

Wikiposts

Another going to Perth

Old Sep 24th 2006, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

premiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant future
Default Another going to Perth

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking the boards for a week or so and trying to learn as much as possible about everything, rentals, tranferring money, who to inform etc and found some really useful information on this site, keep up the good work for us newbies!
Anne (shes Ozzie) and I have just started emptying the house as we've sold after months of waiting so we're getting closer day by day. I got my visa about a year ago, the day after accepting a 9 month contact!!! when this finished no one wanted to buy the house but eventually subject to contract etc we're finally making the move to Perth.
By looking at other peoples posts in seems some are buying return tickets instead of one way! Would you recommend this as the flight sites ask for a return date but we don't want one, although having a flight back sometime could prove useful.

All the best to you all
Martyn
Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another going to Perth

Originally Posted by premiercomms
Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking the boards for a week or so and trying to learn as much as possible about everything, rentals, tranferring money, who to inform etc and found some really useful information on this site, keep up the good work for us newbies!
Anne (shes Ozzie) and I have just started emptying the house as we've sold after months of waiting so we're getting closer day by day. I got my visa about a year ago, the day after accepting a 9 month contact!!! when this finished no one wanted to buy the house but eventually subject to contract etc we're finally making the move to Perth.
By looking at other peoples posts in seems some are buying return tickets instead of one way! Would you recommend this as the flight sites ask for a return date but we don't want one, although having a flight back sometime could prove useful.

All the best to you all
Martyn
Hello and welcome,

Don't quite get what you mean by return flight

Most sites now give you the option of one way or return, on some it's quite obvious and on others it's in the more options part.

For a good deal try looking on www.asda-travel.co.uk or directly on the flight providers site (i.e: www.singaporeair.com or whoever you may like to use)

Return flights are OK but you'd need an open one, and it has to be used within a year. Not too bad if you plan to return to the UK every year.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another going to Perth

Originally Posted by premiercomms
Hi Everyone,

All the best to you all
Martyn
Hello there guys! i see you are from Leeds. Fantastic place, i am also from Leeds. Don't expect Perth to be on the same level as Leeds as i did, i was sorely disappointed. But if it is peace and tranquility you are looking for then congrats...all the best and enjoy
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:30 am
Just Joined

premiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant futurepremiercomms has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Another going to Perth

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hello and welcome,

Don't quite get what you mean by return flight

Most sites now give you the option of one way or return, on some it's quite obvious and on others it's in the more options part.

For a good deal try looking on www.asda-travel.co.uk or directly on the flight providers site (i.e: www.singaporeair.com or whoever you may like to use)

Return flights are OK but you'd need an open one, and it has to be used within a year. Not too bad if you plan to return to the UK every year.
Hi Wendy,
Thats the sort I meant...an Open one, I didn't know this was available. I'll start searching now.

Thanks for your help