Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another DVD question

Another DVD question

Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another DVD question

Hi
I know that this has probably been asked loads of times before, but I am too lazy to search for the answer.

Does anybody know why some of our region 2 DVDs play on our new DVD player and some don't, the instructions say that it should only play region 4 DVDs.

Thanks for your help.

John
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another DVD question

the dvds could be formatted to be used in both regions??

my friend has had similar things happen, but has new mutli format dvd so not a problem anymore!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
the dvds could be formatted to be used in both regions??

my friend has had similar things happen, but has new mutli format dvd so not
a problem anymore!

Hi
A couple are multi region, but the majority are region 2 only, so I am a bit confused.

J
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

none of my friend's were marked as multi... she just put them in to try and see if they worked (she's a bit of a freak!).

dunno mate!!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YoSemite
none of my friend's were marked as multi... she just put them in to try and see if they worked (she's a bit of a freak!).

dunno mate!!!
We ended up doing the same, just put them in a gave it a go.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:42 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Very easy to resolve your problem, virtually all DVD players have the capability to be made all region, there is a different trick with each one, as to what you have to do to accomplish this. With ours we had to open the tray and press '0' 7 times, this then made ours all region. Simply type into any search engine "the make of your DVD player + make all region" and you will have an all region DVD player, a few minutes later.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Hi
I know that this has probably been asked loads of times before, but I am too lazy to search for the answer.

Does anybody know why some of our region 2 DVDs play on our new DVD player and some don't, the instructions say that it should only play region 4 DVDs.

Thanks for your help.

John
The reason is that although some of the DVDs will say Region 2 or 4 they will actually play on both as both regions are basically the same Just saves the companies money as they don't have to print 2 different PAL regions.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

see whether your player is listed and follow the instructions.

Ian
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ebo1608

Ian
Hi

It was listed, I will give it a go .

Many thanks.

John
Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ebo1608

Ian
Cheers Ian

It worked like a dream.

John
Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:56 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Hi

Thanks for your help.

John
If your dvd player was not sold as a 'multi-region' player, or even if it was, email the manufacturer tell them the problem and request they email back to you the code (usually a 4 digit number) to convert it to multi regional so it can play all disks. Make sure you provide them with the model number.

I did this with mine and now I can watch any region dvd