Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another daft question re Actual Visa in passports

Another daft question re Actual Visa in passports

Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default Another daft question re Actual Visa in passports

Our passports were returned today with the actual Visas in them. How exciting is that!!! I have now had butterflies in my tummy for 3 solid weeks.

The daft question is that there is the bit that's stuck in to the passport and then there is another bit loosley attached which has numbers on it. One has almost fallen out already- the perforations have torn. Are these bits important?. Do they tear them off at immigration or can you just take them out and chuck them in the bin. Its taken us 6 months to get this far and I don't want anything to go wrong!

My husand has already hidden the passports so that passing burglars can't nick them.

Any advice gratefully recieved as usual.
Ali
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Another daft question re Actual Visa in passports

I don't know. We've been through immigration a number of times and the perforated bits are still there. I suppose they must mean something to somebody?
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Another daft question re Actual Visa in passports

We just had the visas stuck in the passport pages. No perforated bits or anything else attached.

Maybe phone the Australian Embassy and ask if they are needed?

Good Luck

Mel
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by melibeam
We just had the visas stuck in the passport pages. No perforated bits or anything else attached.

Maybe phone the Australian Embassy and ask if they are needed?

Good Luck

Mel
Do they actually answer their phones? Will try to find time in the packing mayhem that is our home (ex home)
This process is an interesting journey. I find new things to fret about every day
Cheers
Ali
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:29 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I think the important part is the bit that's stuck in your passport. My visa doesnt have the extra bit on it. I'm pretty sure this has been asked before and the conclusion was that it was just where the visa had been torn off from the sheet and nothing to worry about.